Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm back

I'm back to blogging! Please, Please.......hold your applause! Hahahah! The boys and I are home from PA after 6 weeks and are trying to get back into the swing of things!

The reason we were in Pa was mainly for support. While we were home for Christmas my Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. His doctor caught it very early. It was operable and with that he got a referral to John's Hopkins in Baltimore. His surgery date was scheduled for early March and with that I packed up the boys and flew home to have the kids do what they do best.....keep people busy and act as a distraction. I think my plan worked even though we totally took over my parent's house. How can you not with 2 crazy kids? Hahaha.

My Dad is doing great and is cancer free! He was a candidate for a robotic DaVinci surgery! Very cool! It was less invasive and he's already back to work. It was a crazy few weeks but things are starting to get back to normal.

It was great being home. We did 12 days in PA over the holidays and it wasn't enough time to get in every visit and dinner with family and friends that we wanted to. We tried to take advantage of the full 6 weeks. The kids adjusted so well to the time change and being away from home and their Dad. We REALLY missed Tom!! A lot of things happened in that 6 weeks at home that I didn't have the time to blog about so that's where I'm pulling my topics from for the next few weeks. My plan is to blog everyday until I run out of stories. (Not sure if I'll ever run out....hahahaha, crazy times!) So buckle up everyone, I'm back and with LOTS of pictures! Hahahah!!!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Welcome Back! I missed you...can't wait to read all about the trip.

Beth said...

Welcome back! I for one am looking forward to reading all that you have to write. :) Bring it on!