Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Big Boys

My boys are growing up WAY too fast! It's painful!!! :-(
Let's start with Ty....This kid is hilarious. His new favorite thing is hiding his food in his highchair or throwing it on the floor. The other night Tom let him know that's not OK. Ty did not handle this well. It took a minute for him to digest what Tom just said, then the tears and pouting followed. Then it went to the fake cry and he just played it up. My little actor. The last 2 days have been pretty big for Ty. We're totally done with formula and baby foods. Yeah! And all of a sudden he's clapping, waving and playing peek-a-boo. I swear he's repeating everything we say too. He mocks us with sounds and it's scary! Hahahah. We're pretty sure he's saying "Jack" too. I love it! My little baby isn't a baby anymore. He's becoming a toddler and I'm not ready.





As for Jack, he's had a huge 2 weeks. We're potty training. He's doing a million times better than I thought he would. We started this whole thing with conveniently running out of diapers and telling him Pampers didn't make a size big enough to fit him anymore. It started a little rough. He didn't want to wear undies or sit on the potty. Then came the candy bin and the prize box. I filled a little bin with Pez, M&Ms, Swedish Fish and Starbursts. He got to choose 1 piece of candy if he just sat. If he went, he got to pick a prize....(thanks to the $1 section at Target!!!) By the end of day 2 he was starting to get it. I was going about it all wrong though and making it worse at first. I thought it would be better to have him sit until he went...this didn't work for anyone. Then we went to 10 minute intervals. If he didn't go we got up and would try again in a little while. This worked! He really got it and he's been doing amazingly!! Even bigger strides were that we've been out and about a few times now where he hasn't worn a pull up, just undies. We only use pull ups over night. When we went to Kid Fest he actually used the public restroom. That was such a proud moment for us! So potty training is coming along really well and we couldn't be more excited that we won't be purchasing diapers for Jack or formula for Ty ever again! YEAH!!! In another reminder that's Jack's growing up...he had a dentist appointment today. He's been there twice before but this was the first time he actually got to sit in the chair and not on my lap and get his teeth cleaned. When the dental hygienist told me this was the plan, I immediately thought it was going to be a disaster. He did so great! Sat there, let her brush his teeth, floss and use the spit suction thing. Then Dr. Miller came by and he was great for him as well. I learned that Jack isn't that little kid that needs his hand held through every thing anymore. Why would I ever doubt him? My boys have reminded me that I am one lucky mom to have such amazing boys, not to mention an amazing husband too.

0 comments: