Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Playground Playdate

On Monday we took full advantage of a non-rainy day. The forecast was calling for rain here from Tuesday-Saturday. Of course that's changed and it's been gorgeous today and yesterday. I'm not complaining...trust me! I diagnosed Jack with cabin fever last week since he was a hellion! (that had to be why, right? Hahhaha) Not getting out in the sun affects us in many ways! Hahahah! Anyway, I packed up the boys and some lunch and we headed to the Dennis the Menace Park to meet Anne and Andrew. Andrew goes to gymnastics with Jack and Anne and I really hit it off. We have a lot in common and the boys do great together! It's a win - win! :-)

The Dennis the Menace Park is huge and crazy! We try to go there on weekdays because it's one of those intolerable places on the weekends. There's tons of things to do, all the usual things of course, plus an old steam engine (super unsafe....hate that thing!!) hanging wood bridge, rock climbing wall, a slide made out of those metal rollers you see in factories and the biggest hit of them all.....a lion head shaped water fountain! Hahahah! We started off with our picnic, got attacked by the crazy birds then moved on to the jungle gym. The boys were having a great time on the roller slide. I loved that it wasn't crowded because they didn't have to wait in lines. They had total freedom to go where ever. It was a lot of fun and I totally enjoyed Anne's company and our great conversations! You forget how much you miss talking to adults during the day. Poor Tom gets bum rushed with anything I think to talk about as soon as he walks in the door. Anne....Tom thanks you! Hahahah! Here's some pictures from our adventure! We'll be doing this again soon!







I also had to post these pictures. This is what happens when I vacuum. I turned around and found Jack sitting on the recliner, in a laundry hamper with all of his toys. Hahahah! He cracks me up!



And not to leave Ty out.....He turned 8 months old yesterday! My baby's no longer a teeny baby. He's growing so fast and crawling everywhere!

1 comments:

Oma and Pop Pop said...

Oh Boys!!!! Oma and Pop Pop miss you so much. Ty is changing and growing too too fast. It's only a little more than a month since we saw you and wow, what a difference. And Jack, you are growing up too. Coming down those slides all by yourself. We wish we were there to enjoy the fun! Hugs and kisses to all!