Saturday, September 5, 2009

Vamoose and Chuckles

For many years I've been using a word that Tom was pretty sure wasn't a word. It was just one of those things that was embedded in my head the wrong way. I would want to say "vamanos" but would say "vamoose". I would always say it to Jack for some reason, telling him to move or get going or something. Don't ask me where I got this from, it's just something I do. You could chalk it up to old age (now that I'm 30....oh my!) or baby brain, who knows. The funny thing is the other night I said it again and Tom and I got in a laughing fit over it. So what do you do when your husband thinks he's right and you don't want to admit it??? You google it! Just for fun, maybe it was a word and I'm not making up my own language. Well wouldn't you know it....it's a REAL Freakin' word! Hahahahahah!!! There's 2 spellings and 2 different meanings, however I was actually using it properly too. HAHAHAH! Tom couldn't believe it, or me for that matter.

va·moose (v-ms, v-)
intr.v. va·moosed, va·moos·ing, va·moos·es Slang
To leave hurriedly.
[From Spanish vamos, let's go, from Latin vdmus, first person pl. present subjunctive of vdere, to go.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved
.


Seriously??? Score: 1 for Niki...0 for Tom. :-) Eat that Mr. Smartypants!!

Now if you spell it "Vamousse" it means... "combination hair styler and delouser" AKA: Stylin' Cootie Remover. Hahhaahahhah! Because if you have cooties, there's no reason you can't be stylin' Hahah!!! Oh how I love google!!!

My mom's flying in today for the week! We're so excited for Oma to visit! Jack's been talking about going to the airport for 3 days now. Hopefully I'll get to blog, I'm sure I'll have a ton of pictures. So with all of that I gotta vamoose....I want to leave you all with a video. To keep in theme with the laughter in this house this week....Here's Ty cracking up as I tickle his pudgy little ribs! And of course a picture or 2 of Jack!





2 comments:

Ells said...

such cute chuckles from Ty, and I love Jack's wide-open mouth smile!

Sara said...

What a fabulous chuckle!!!
Had me grinning.