Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Tom!!!

Today Tom joins me in the 30s! Happy birthday babe! I of course could not top the gift he got me. I did have an amazing gift ready for purchase but the dates didn't work. HUGE bummer. I found a 3 day bull riding class about 3 hours away from here. The class is only offered next summer and we're not sure about the dates and where we'll be.....so my great idea was a bust. :-( I'm totally disappointed, but how could I ever top what he got me? He's always better at gift ideas. I'll get him at Christmas though....just wait! :-)

Tom's mom and dad are in town visiting us. They got in yesterday morning and we took full advantage of them being here and went out for a late dinner and drinks (that's right...drinks!!! I pumped and dumped.... just fyi). Tom's mom dropped us off at our favorite place on Cannery Row, The Chart House. It's a chain but it's soooo yummy! After that we went walking down Cannery Row and ended up at Bubba Gump's bar and I had a crazy fruity drink called the.....Big Easy! And what happens when a girl who hasn't drank in a VERY VERY long time knocks a few back????.....She gets goofy and embarrasses her sober husband. :-) Poor Tom! And it was his birthday! That doesn't seem right does it??? We love you Tom and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


(There was a GREAT picture of Tom and my Big Easy drink that was going to go right here but it didn't make the final cut.)

Tomorrow we're heading to Yosemite. The first car leaving in the morning is me, the boys and the grandparents. Then after Tom finishes up his finals he'll be meeting us there with the dogs. I'm so excited! It should be a lot of fun!! Hopefully we won't run into any bears! Seriously!!!

4 comments:

Ells said...

What a fun birthday and cute picture of you!

There are some racing courses that my husband likes... Keith Code at the Streets of Willow Springs? They're all Kawasakis, but you can bring your own bike if you want. Would that interest Tom?

I totally have a dark biker side, by the way. ;)

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful there - look at half dome at sunset- amazing!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Tom!

I hope you guys have a great time at Yosemite. Did I spell that right?

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Tom!