Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nice Ride

The other day I went grocery shopping and when I got home the boys were having a blast with the 4 wheeler. Ty has been riding it a lot lately and has just recently figured out how to make it go. He tries to ride anything with wheels. Now, one child can't have all the attention, oh no! So this is the result....they team up and get the attention together.




Also....I have been doing a sewing project lately. There was an article in our local paper about reusable grocery bags. Ca is working on or already passed a law banning plastic shopping bags or having to recycle the bags. I personally think this is an amazing idea! Google told me (hahaha) Californians use 19 billion plastic bags per year. That's 600 bags per second. The bags have only been around 50 years so no one really knows how long it would take if they decomposed at all but some guess 500-1,000 years. Anyway.... This article included a few ways and websites to make your own grocery bags. I found a super easy pattern. It tells you to use an old bed sheet but our local fabric store had patterned fabric on sale for $2/yard so I went with that instead. I'm quite proud because I didn't injure myself or blow up my sewing machine! Success!!! :-)!!!


0 comments: