Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Super Hero and his sidekick Elton John

I think every little boy should have a superhero cape. Jack asked for one a long time ago and we rigged an old piece of fabric I had left over from a blanket I was making.

Recently I decided to make my own reusable grocery bags (that'll be my next post) and while I was at the fabric store I picked up some satin for an upgraded superhero cape. I looked on-line for a pattern but really didn't find one I liked so I just winged it. Isn't that always the most fun anyway? Hahaha! I am by NO means a great seamstress so to my and Tom's surprise, it came out pretty well. Jack loves it. He wears it a lot which I love because he's so cute running around with his head turned so he can see it flying behind him. He even told me that when he wears his cape he can run faster and jump higher. We also heard these same claims when he got a pair of Spider Man sneakers. hahaha! Whatever works!!


And we all know that after a rough afternoon of crime fighting and running faster and jumping higher you need a good nap, right? While I was chasing Ty, Jack ran in the house and came out with his sheet and pillow. When I asked him why he was dragging all this outside he simply told me, "I need to rest", and so he did. Once again....Whatever works! Hahahah!



I thought Ty was a little too small for a superhero cape just yet. Jack busted out the Elton John sunglasses that he loved so much and shared. I'm not sure who wore them better, but I know Sir Elton John would be so proud!!


This picture is so hilarious to me because it looks like he was posing so perfectly for it, pinkie out and all, when in fact he was trying to wrestle them off his face. :-)

5 comments:

Aunt Ree Ree said...

This is just soooo darned CUTE that I am left speechless....yes it's true!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE superhero cape. These are the things that make life great and you look back on and miss soooooo terribly when they grow up and become 9 and 13 years old. Enjoy and capture every moment. Hugs and kisses to all....we miss you guys. Love yas!!

Aunt Ree Ree said...

P.S. Based soley on the photos...Ty wins the Elton John contest. Love those glasses.

Ells said...

Jack is a very believable little superhero! Great job on the cape! :)

Meagan said...

I agree...even superheros need naps.

Beth said...

Great job on the cape! I am "super" impressed...haha, get it? :)

And I agree with Aunt Ree Ree, Ty wins they Elton John contest. That picture is just too cute (okay, all the pictures are too cute).