Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This and That

So for the past month there's been a lot of little things that I haven't gotten to blog about. All sorts of stuff has been going on here. We found out that Tom actually graduates in September instead of June. I wasn't sure if I was excited about this or not. I'm ready to get out of here. Monterey is beautiful but I'm ready to go. CA is definitely NOT my favorite place. I'm an east coast person and am missing family. I hope that we get back on that side of the country with our next move. Speaking of.....that's another thing that happened this month. Tom had to fill out a preference list for our next duty station. Now that he's in ORSA instead of Armor we can go to a whole new array of places. The catch is that this will be his first ORSA assignment and first placement locations are a little limited. His branch manager sent us a list of places that will have openings next year. We had to pick our top 5 places and rate them with a percentage. Of course this doesn't mean that we'll get our first choice, or any of our choices for that matter. Tom's low man on the totem pole so we have no idea where we'll be. I am excited about the choices though. :-) We're really hoping that we get to Ft. Belvoir, VA, or Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. I just want to be somewhere driving distance from PA. I don't care if it's 12 hours by car (Ft. Knox, KY) I just want to have the option to pack up the kids and drive home to see the grandparents and not miss out on birthday parties, my brother's new house, or family BBQ's, or swimming at Lisa's, or seeing my cousins play sports or helping my aunt cook dinner for my cousin's entire college volleyball team, or any of those things that I've missed out on for the last few years. You get my point. Of course I'm trying to not get my hopes up because we all know how the Army loves to mess with your head when they pretend to give you a choice in any matter. hahahaah. So we filled out the list, sent it off, and hopefully will know where we're headed next in January.

In another bit of news about Tom....he's growing a mustache. Oh yes people a mustache! For those of you who remember, he came back from Iraq with a mustache and it was straight out of a 70's cop movie. Oh and the best part.....it's red. :-) This isn't just because....it's for profit. Would he do it for any other reason? Hahahaha. He decided to organize a mustache growing contest among his classmates. The funniest thing is that part of the contest is naming the mustache......he's up for suggestions. If I can sneak a picture I'll post it for sure!

The boys are doing great! They go for check ups on Friday so I'll have to post the stats when I get them. According to our scale Ty's 16.5 pounds and growing. He was waking up through the night for about 10 days after we got back from Tahoe but he's back to sleeping through again. Jack went to the dentist yesterday and did so great! He impresses me everyday. I need to have more faith in the fact that my kids can behave in public because they really do great but I'm just waiting for them both to melt. It's almost November which means we have 2 months until we head home for Christmas. I can't wait!! We'll be there for 12 days. I'm throwing a little reunion for our group of friends from High School. We've all spread out a little bit and will be back in Pottsville for the holidays. I thought it'd be great to see everyone. I think the last time we were all together was at our wedding 6 1/2 years ago. It should be fun. Plus, even better...... our family can finally see Ty! The poor kiddo's only seen his grandparents so far. We've got lots of family! So that's the little tid bits of what's going on here at the McMurtrie house. Here's a few pictures since my Aunt Maria gave me an ear full for not posting any pics in my last blog....hahahah!

Safety First!!!


He told me he was building a house!


He LOVES sweet potatoes!


Nice and clean after bath!


Much love!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Those two boys are so seriously cute!

Aunt Ree Ree said...

now that's more like it!!! Can't wait to see/meet them....Here's to saying a prayer and keeping our fingers crossed for VA or MD!!