Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin'

Yesterday we went to pick out pumpkins. There's a huge pumpkin farm with a corn maze and a pumpkin launcher about 45 minutes away from here in Hollister. The plan was to go there. Ty had another plan. For the past 4 days he's been waking up at 3am screaming and wanting to eat. It could be from a million things....growth spurt, teething, traveling....who knows. All I do know is that Tom and I have been very spoiled with a baby who sleeps through the night that once he doesn't.... we're lost. Anyway, so with a baby who was pretty off schedule we went to a pumpkin patch about 5 minutes away. Much easier!!! :-) It was perfect, not crowded and Jack had a blast of course. We haven't carved them yet, that'll be the project for this week. We decorated the house today so it's starting to feel a little like October here. I wish we were back in PA so we could go around the neighborhood trick or treating with my younger cousins. Instead, we'll just be hanging out in our front yard handing out candy. I love Halloween!

Jack's also been talking up a storm lately. The kid doesn't stop. He has stories and tells secrets to the dogs. Most of the time the secret is "Spider Man Chewies". hahahah That still cracks me up. The other day he sat down right next to Lola while she was sitting on the porch and just started telling her about his day. It was soooo cute. He's such a sweet kid.

And here's my new favorite picture of Ty....
This happened in the 2 minutes it took me to clean up Jack's lunch.


I love how babies can sleep anywhere!


Jack having a very in-depth conversation with Lola. hahaha!


Jack having that same conversation with a ghost at the pumpkin patch. :-)


Ty in the middle of the pumpkins.


He just had to be the one pulling the wagon.


The 2yr old strong man competition.


"I'll take this one, please!"

0 comments: