Monday, October 26, 2009

Typical Us

Yesterday morning I went out to the garage to start the 4 loads of laundry I let pile up in that many days. I hate laundry! You would think with today's technological advances there would be some machine out there that washes, dries, and folds your clothes! I need to invent that. Anyway.....I went to start the laundry and found that the washer has given up on life. Our landlord included the washer and dryer with the house, not too shabby. We never needed a set. Even though the washer is from the 70's it still worked just fine, until yesterday. I pulled the knob to get it started and NOTHING. I yelled for Tom, he came out and messed with it for about a half hour and looked at me and said...."looks like we're buying a washer and dryer today". So after I did some research and price checks and after the kiddos woke up from their simultaneous naps, off we went. Now we talked about buying a washer and dryer for a while but always talked ourselves out of it because we just really didn't need one, we had rentals. But when the granny machine conked out we just decided it was time to get our own. The model we ordered was the Whirlpool Cabrio.


I'm a fan of the top loading machines, and we got a steam dryer, yeah! We went to OSH ( who's appliance department is owned by Sears) See, the models I wanted were on sale but Sear's had them one their web site for even less than the sale price. I love when a store will honor the price you see even if it's wrong. So not only were they on sale but I still got about another $100 off because they goofed! Great shopping! So we ordered the set, they'll get here on the 13th of Nov. I was planning on using the "laun-dro-mat" until they came in (during day light hours, per Tom's request) hahahahha. So I'm all happy because of the deal we just got on the washer and dryer that I actually liked and the best part was.....we only went to one store and were home in 45 minutes. Of course when we got home, Tom went back out to the garage, gave the washer a huge bang and the freakin' thing started right up! See people.....this is ALWAYS how it goes with us! It never fails! Typical!

3 comments:

Aunt Ree Ree said...

You're a big fan of the top load washer ONLY because you never had the front load washer (at least that is what Mike tells me...since he does the wash!!) Gotta love a man that knows his way around a washing machine!!! (and iron, but I didn't want to rub it in!!) Congrats on the purchase...isn't it sad what makes us happy as we age!! Welcome to Mid-life!!!!

Aunt Ree Ree said...

P.S. What no pics of the kiddos...how could you :(

Meagan said...

I swear that you could be the other pea in my pod! Last night we finally agreed that it was time to buy a new washer and dryer (well mostly dryer since we can no longer hear the TV if the dryer is running because it is so loud). Ours is from the early 80's and has served us well but it is on death's door. We hated buying one 2 months before we move since we might rent a place with one...but oh well what can you do. We are going out this weekend to look at some.