Thursday, October 8, 2009

Halloween Preview & Fires

I really LOVE Ebay! We've been talking to Jack about what he wanted to be for Halloween this year. He, of course, asked to be Elmo after seeing the costumes online. Now, I refused to pay more than $20 for any costume. Last year he was a bat for about 30 minutes. Even though Ty will get to wear the costumes I grew up making our own costumes. We were always football players because my uncle was a coach, or a gypsy, or a hippie. Half the fun was creating your own costume and seeing if anyone could guess what you were. Hahahahah. Anyway, when I saw the Elmo costume was $45 I almost fell over. So, in comes ebay. I found the costume he wanted, it's only been worn twice and I got it for $16.00. YEAH! The costume came about 2 weeks ago. Tom and I have been trying to get Jack to try it on everyday since it came and this morning......success! So just in case he never puts it on again, here's Jack for a Halloween preview. I have to dig out Ty's costume....He'll be in my favorite costume.....a baby billy goat. :-) hahahah!













For the past 2 days this is what we've seen from our back porch. This is not something exciting to see in CA when your whole back yard is like kindling. Hahaha. Thankfully this was a controled burn done by the Army. This is on Fort Ord. The Army owns this property and it's being developed for houses and condos. They weren't burning to aid with wildfires....oh no, they were burning to set off unexploded ammunition from when this land was used for training. How funky is that? Jack's been amazed by all the helicopters buzzing around with water bags. He finds it pretty cool, I just hope it stays where it is. :-)

3 comments:

Gramma Vera said...

What a fun video! I really enjoy watching Jack and now Ty as they grow. Thanks for posting Niki!

Ells said...

Crazy! fire in your own backyard - practically. We drove by the Sheep Fire last week on our way home from a jaunt into 'civilization' and it was pretty dramatic like that. Hope the ammo-burning is effective.

Jack is SUPER cute in his costume! Can't wait to see pictures of your baby billy goat!

Anonymous said...

Great costume! I am trying to make Wes and airplane out of a box. We'll see:)