Thursday, November 29, 2007

Not a fan of the rice......yet!



So my son is a bottomless pit. He has a very healthy appetite so Tom and I decided to try to help out his hunger pains with some super yummy rice cereal. He's 3 1/2 months old and some may think he's too young to be eating rice cereal but everything I read says that you can't judge it by age, you have to go by development. He can sit up, hold is head on his own and he leans in when foods comes his way. These were all positives in the beginning of the rice cereal decision. Of course, as a new mom, the Internet has become my worst enemy because there's just too much information out there. Everything contradicts everything. Half the sites said to mix the rice in his bottle, the other half said that this is a big "NO-NO". After taking the motherly advice from my mom we decided no rice in the bottle, we're going with the spoon. After reading more this seems like a better decision. So we tried our first taste of rice cereal via spoon and Jack just wasn't having it. Babies have this natural reflex to push unknown objects out of their mouths to prevent choking, we saw this reflex in full effect. Babies are even cute when they're making the biggest mess EVER! We tried a few times, thought we were going to get a spoonful in that little mouth but then came the temper. And oh my what a temper! Jack hardly ever cries, but when he's mad, he's MAD!!! There's high pitched screaming, all the blood rushes to his cheeks and he turns this lovely lobster shade of red, which is followed by more screams, grunting and snorting. Of course I had to take a picture of this temper tantrum, that's what mothers do, right? So we weren't exactly loving the cereal but we'll keep trying. Hopefully we'll get some down soon, I just don't think the "juice" is enough anymore. The kid's a "whutzer". (According to Tom, me and my family are the only people he's ever heard utter this word. Whutzer?? I have no idea if I'm spelling it right or even if it's an actual word. Is there anyone out there that can back me up or am I creating my own words again? That was a pregnancy symptom. Can I say "dramatitize"? I must of used that word a hundred times)

Sadie is definitely warming up to Jack now. I don't even have to fake her out by hiding a milk bone under Jack's arm anymore, she goes to him willingly now. These are big puppy steps for Sadie. I love that she's starting to get curious and wants to love him too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of Course there is a word - whutzer!!!!!!! I am not sure of the spelling either but there definitely is a word - whutzer!!!! And YES, Jack, you look like a whutzer. May I also say you look HAPPY & HEALTHY! So being a whutzer is a god thing.

Anonymous said...

Whutzer is definitely a word! In fact, Jack looks more like a "piggy whutzer" if you ask me. Of course, it is a term used to show affection. He is absolutely adorable! We can't wait to see him in person - February can't come soon enough! Oh, yeah, we still have dibbs on Sadie (there's no way neurotic Taja will share her space with another canine)!!

Love you all and miss you,

Aunt Lisi