Monday, November 19, 2007

Chatter Box







Well it's Thanksgiving week. The only thing I'm planning on cooking is a pie. I don't have the best track record when it comes to turkey. I blame the weird German convection ovens....That has to be it!! :-) One year it took me almost 8 hours to cook a 12 pound turkey. So in keeping with tradition, we'll be eating at the 1-77 dining facility. Tom gets to dress up in his blues (the fancy uniform) and serve on the line for turkey day. It's a really great time. All the families usually go and this year it'll be really special since all of the soldiers are returning after 15 long months in Iraq. It should be great.



Being over here as long as we have we've gotten used to the fact that we're away from family for the holidays. It's still pretty crappy, but it's how it is. It's been amazing living over here but I'm so glad this will be our last German Thanksgiving. It's just not the same without family making fun of everyone, busting jokes, picking on each other and tormenting the kids. Isn't that what family gatherings are all about? :-) Since we're not able to be there in person we'll miss all the fun. So instead I'll call my grandmother's during the afternoon and the whole family plays pass the phone. I have a huge family, so it's a long phone call. Hahaha. I hate not being there. I hope they're ready for us next year! Jack will be far more impressionable then. Can't wait!!



So the latest with Jack....he has discovered his voice in the past few weeks. He loves talking. The catch is, he likes when you talk to him. If you don't answer him back he stops and gives the strangest look. It's so funny. I was finally able to catch him on video. YEAH! Every time I turn on the camera he gets distracted. I guess today he just felt like carrying on a conversation and being a ham. I wonder what he was really trying to say....hahaha. He's also starting to like his exersaucer. He can activate a few of the musical toys. He then spins his head around trying to figure out where the music is coming from. His little legs go crazy so he bounces all over the place. He seems to like it. We're still working on rolling over. I'll keep you all posted....



I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

The video of Jack is so cute (although when I played it my cat sat on my keyboard...not sure what that means). I can not believe how much he changes each week, suddenly he talks and can get his fingers in his mouth.
I am making the turkey this year. My friends must not have heard about the infamous turkey of 2006 Mike and I had in Haardt. We will not talk about it.

Sara said...

Oh Niki, I love the way Jack's outfit always matches the beautiful green background. What a charmer! I so can't wait to meet Lily!