Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hot chocolate and a haircut...

I've come to find that the simplest things in life can bring you pure joy!!! Jack of course can make me laugh at any moment. I can be in the worst mood, completely exhausted and stressed, and all he has to do is flash that huge happy smile or giggle and it all melts away. That is an obvious pleasure in life. Today what made me happy was my new hair cut and a cup of hot chocolate. You see I haven't had a hair cut in many months. I usually get it cut when I go to the states to visit, that last happened in May. I'm very picky with who I will let cut my hair. Thanks to Meagan, I found someone that is great. The fact is after having a baby you walk around feeling like a blob. At least I have. Body parts are all misshaped, things aren't where they used to be, and even though I know it's impossible to lose all the baby weight in a week, I'm always hopeful. :-) So you need to find things that will make you feel good about yourself. For me it was a hair cut. And that cup of hot chocolate hit the spot because it is FREEZING over here in Germany. We had snow the other day and it flurried today. I'm not ready for winter but at least I have plenty of hot chocolate. Yummmm!


On another note....Jack is 3 months old today. I believe he's getting a growth spurt for this little birthday. He's been sleeping a little longer and he just can seem to ever eat enough. At least I think it's a growth spurt. Anytime there's a change in his schedule that's what I blame it on. It's sounds good anyway. Tom and I tried giving him formula last night for the first time. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with his eating habits. Needless to say....the faces were priceless. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures. It was like he was sucking on the world's most sour lemon. He is not a fan of the formula. It took about 30 minutes to get down a half ounce. Hopefully we won't need to resort to the formula. (This however has given me a whole new respect for dairy cows.)


Happy Wednesday everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't our grandson just the cutest little guy! We all can't wait for you to get to the states. There are lots of people waiting to meet you Jack! Keep the smiles coming, and these blogs are great. Since we can't be there - we can at least pretend we know what is happening in your life after reading your entries. Miss ya'll so much. Hugs and kisses to Jack! Love, Oma

Anonymous said...

Where's thepic of your new haircut?

Kel