Thursday, February 3, 2011

First Day

Jack had his first day of preschool on Tuesday! We were so proud of him! He did so great! I of course was expecting tears and a fight for me not to leave when I dropped him off. He was a little hesitant at first then he saw Mr. Washington playing with kaleidoscopes with a group of kids and with that I got a kiss good bye and he was off. Funny how I was so proud and so heart broken in the exact same moment. hahahahah!

We decided to send Jack to preschool so he'd have something to do. I've been striking out with getting him into activities here. (We miss the gymnastics class in CA.) It's a bummer because there aren't any kids his age in our neighborhood. The only gymnastics class he could join is at 5:30-6:30pm on Wednesdays. Who would go to that??? Do they not know what time 3-4 years old eat dinner and go to bed??? He's too young for the karate classes in the area, and so on and so on. Anyway, we figured it was time to get him involved in something. We have been talking about sending him since we moved here. When we got back from our Christmas vacation I went in to CYS to sign him up and ended up putting him on a waiting list to start in February, even though there were openings right away. I know....total mom moment! Don't judge me!!! But I'm ready now, and he definitely is as well. :-)


The "first day of school" picture


Ty marched right over and stood next to Jack after I took the first picture. How cute!!?


This picture cracks me up because Ty's hair is out of control and already in need of another trim!


The Bro Hug! (Can you tell there's something interesting on the TV?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pictures are worth a thousand words=== Ty on the second picture says it all. " I don"t know why your taking Jack's picture but i'm in on it too." I just love the bear hug. You really are blessed with boys who love each other. you certainly have a great start for a wonderful family. love Great Grammy

Beth said...

Yay Jack! And yay you for handling it so well. :) Again, such sweet pictures (and I LOVE the TV one, it's the same thing here).

Aunt Ree Ree said...

Way to go Jack. And I LOVE Ty getting in on the action, not even knowing why. Boy is he going to miss Jack while he's at school. And how great is a male preschool teacher. Not many can do that!!!! I can't believe he's of that age already:( Can't wait to see you guys in TWO WEEKS!!! WAHOOO