Friday, February 25, 2011

Ding Ding Trip - Day 1

Last Saturday my Mom and my 2 aunts, her sisters, Lisa and Maria, flew down here from PA to hang out with us for the weekend. It's kind of become a tradition for The Ding Dings to visit us wherever we end up. Ding Dings.... you say?? Well, I believe it was my Dad who named them. I think their first trip to see me was around the time the Ya Ya Sisterhood movie came out and this lead to my Dad naming them the "Ding Dings"! Hahhahah! It fits and the name has stuck after all these years.

When I graduated from college I moved to Greenville, NC. This was the first "Ding Ding Trip". After NC and marrying Tom I moved to Germany. The Ding Dings actually flew to Germany and ventured to Poland with me and friends to go pottery shopping (that was quite the adventure! hahahahah!) They never got the chance to make it to Monterey but they're 3 for 4 so far, and that's pretty cool!

Before this trip to New-Tucky was planned Tom had gotten me an awesome present for Christmas. He got us tickets to see Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, and Jerrod Neiman in concert in Louisville. It just worked out that the Ding Dings flew in Saturday morning and we had the concert Saturday night. So, basically they flew to KY to babysit. Hahahha! They were here until Tuesday so we had 2 more full days to wear them out! Hahahah! (After I blog about the Ding Ding weekend, I'll have to blog about our big crazy date night in Louisville.)

So the boys and I picked up the Ding Dings at the airport. The boys love the airport! It's an amazing place. There was a parking garage, escalators, moving sidewalks, elevators and of course airplanes and the Ding Dings! :-) When we got back to the house the boys wasted no time in making the Dings Dings jump on the trampoline.

And push them around on little tricycles.


Then Tom and I got ready for our night out and off we went. The Ding Dings were on their own. This is apparently what went on while Tom and I were in Louisville.......
Hahahahaha!!!!



It's a game called Head Bandz that my mom brought for the boys. You have to ask questions and then guess what's on the card stuck to your head. According to my mom, Jack played pretty well. Even asked his own questions. They had a great first night.....more to come.

2 comments:

Oma said...

Cameras are a BAD thing - a very BAD thing!!!!! Except for the grandkids - they always look good. On the otherhand - check out Oma and Aunt Ree Ree - YIKES!
And wasn't Aunt Lisi the lucky one to be taking the pictures and NOT in the pictures. Oma has to remember that for the next time.
YIKES!
I wish everyone was LUCKY enough to be a Ding Ding in their own world. What memories we have! Thanks Niki and Tom (and the Army) for providing the locations. Can't wait for the next Ding Ding trip.

Aunt Ree Ree said...

Hey, speak for yourself OMA!!!!! Miss you guys.