Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Show

My grandmother, Jack's Great-Grandmother, is a seamstress. She had her own drapery business for YEARS. She made my mom's wedding dress back in the day. The woman is VERY talented!!! I wish I had her skills. If she saw the curtains that I made for our sunroom, she'd probably slap my hands with a ruler for shunning the family with my lack of sewing talent. Hahahah! For Christmas she made Jack this really awesome puppet show stage that hangs in a door way. The boys love this! Ty laughs hysterically whenever there's a puppet in sight, and Jack thinks he's pretty funny with making up conversations between the puppets. Of course all the puppets ever say to each other is......"what's up, chicken butt?", "How you doin'", and his favorite question...."What's your favorite color?" WHO KNOWS! But it is pretty funny, none the less. It's so much fun watching the boys put on a puppet show! Where was all this stuff when I was a kid??? :-) THANKS Grammy Spotts....the boys love their gift!!






7 comments:

Aunt Lisi said...

Wow...it is amazing how a certain angle can change how your boys look! That last pic of Ty with his 'I'm a little devil having fun' look makes him look like the spitting image of Tom. I usually think he favors the Davis side. Tell the boys to practice their puppet show because the Aunt Ding-Dings and Oma are coming SOON!!

Gramma V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramma V said...

What a beautiful, wonderfully clever idea. It takes up so little space!
Your friend,Sara, oughta make one for her mom's childcare! ;)!
And your boys are beautiful and wonderfully clever, too!!!!!

Aunt Ree Ree said...

Hey Nik: Just think what Jack's puppets will be saying AFTER we visit!!!! ha ha ha. You can bet it will be along the lines of "what's up chicken butt!!!" only better!!!!! CAN'T WAIT.

Oma said...

OMG This has to be one of my favorite blogs so far! The pictures are priceless and your comments are way too funny. "What's up Chicken Butt!" Where oh where did that come from? I laugh so hard everytime I read it. And I have to agree - I always say that Jack favors the McMurtrie's and Ty, the Davis'. But I correct myself. Ty is a little Tom! He is so cute and so Devilish all rolled into one.
Grammy Spotts worked so hard on that puppet show - she is going to love the blog. It is amazing!
The Ding Ding Aunts and Oma will have to put on a show when we visit in February!

Anonymous said...

by the look of things it was worth all the time and trouble to make the show.. The best picture of the year award ---- Ty in the last segment. Mr Devil himself I'm betting he is going to give you a run for your life. can't wait to see who the third lad will follow??? he sure has two good teachers......
great granny

Amy said...

"What's up, chicken butt?"...I say that to my kids all the time! Where did that come from? I have no idea, but we use it a lot! Great pictures, glad to hear you are all doing well. We need to catch up next time you are home!