Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jack the Builder

Jack is obsessed with anything in the construction world. Backhoes, cement mixers, cherry pickers, and skid loaders. The list goes on and on. The army is building new housing here and we can't go to the grocery store without him begging to see the "machines". Whenever we see a cement mixer or type of truck when we're driving somewhere he screams...."Mommy, catch up to it!!!" Hahahah! He loves his trucks! Tom got him a CAT backhoe a little while ago, and it's right up there with the garbage truck in the favorite toy department. It came with a hard hat and a little action figure which we named Tom. hehehe! Not after my Tom, after Tom's dad. We have a Henry for my dad, and now we have a Tom for Tom's dad. :-) Anyway....We were outside the other day enjoying the sunny weather and he insisted on wearing his hard hat. He's so funny! He was having his backhoe scoop dirt and drive it and lemons around the yard all while sporting his hard hat. I wish I could bottle up these moments where I can just sit and watch him explore and see his imagination come to life. I don't want to wish away Ty's baby days, but I can't wait to see them play together.






And this video cracks me up so I had to share. Jack's on a "big boy" phase. I have baby oil in Ty's room and when I told Jack what it was he immediately corrected me and said.....No..."Big Boy Oil". He had me rolling when he first said it. Of course as soon as I took out the camera he went shy. Sorry for the bad video-ing but my hands were full and Jack has a mind of his own. :-)

1 comments:

Aunt Ree Ree said...

LOVE the hard hat. And the lemon!!! Your grass looks great by the way. Maybe he'll even get to shovel some snow before Christmas!!! (Only he would enjoy that, of course) Can't wait till the 17th.