Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fashion Disaster!

We all have that favorite article of clothing that we're reluctant to get rid of. Every year it gets more and more out of style yet we hold on to it just because it's super comfy or means something to us. And by saying "we" and "us" I mean Tom. HAhahah! Tom has this navy blue polo shirt with bright green swordfish all over it straight out of the 80's. I really don't think it's his favorite. I'm pretty sure that me saying it's the ugliest shirt ever makes him keep it. Every time we've moved we discussed getting rid of the shirt with the conversation ending with him saying, "I like it!" in a very proud voice. In the 6 years that we're married I have never seen him wear this hideous shirt. I thought...it'll be the ugly thing in the closet that's our running joke. Well that joke got worn this week. I was feeding Ty and getting Jack ready for nap and out of the bedroom walks Tom in the infamous swordfish shirt. I did a double take and then just lost it. There I was laughing and thinking that he was just kidding and he'd go change. Nope! He said good bye to us all and out the door he went. I can't believe he wore the swordfish shirt to school! See, the dress code for him at NPS is collared shirts and no jeans. I NEVER thought this shirt would really get seen by the public eye. My apologies to all of those who had to witness this fashion disaster. I'm sorry that I wasn't smart enough to sneak that freakish piece of clothing in the garage sale last week. I'm sure I would have gotten a good 25-50 cents for that thing! But don't take my word for how ugly this shirt is, see for yourself...



On another note...Ty's 8 weeks old. He's such a great baby! Laid back, good eater, great sleeper and just loves hanging out and staring at us. He's starting to smile and coo a lot more. I love his HUGE smile! Jack's doing great too. We had our first "Wee-nastics" class today. Jack had the best time jumping on the trampoline, bouncing on the mats and hanging on the bars. I had a lot of fun too! The class is once a week and we'll definitely be going back! Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures next week to share!

Believe or not Jack actually took this picture...I think he has a future! :-)

4 comments:

Beth said...

What disaster? That shirt is fancy. :)

Meagan said...

Tom! Hide your shame! Ha ha ha

Ells said...

Chad says, "Tom bought that at the C-Store, didn't he?"

LOVE that you got a picture and posted it. Hilarious! Poor Tom. :) And your boys are super-adorable, by the way.

Amanda said...

Hi Nikki--it's Amanda, remember me? Well I poke in on your blog every now and then from Kelly's site and read this entry yesterday and you'll never believe this--I saw a guy with the same shirt on at church today. I had to chuckle, and I had to tell you. Same shirt. HA!