Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Morning



We had a great Christmas this year! We had Christmas music playing and a plate of cookies for breakfast. When Jack woke up he came out to see his new tent and tunnel. I don't think he even noticed the presents under the tree. He did great opening his toys and playing with everything. It took a little while for him to grasp the concept that there was a toy under the wrapping paper but he caught on. Of course in the first minute of his Christmas he went right for his older toys. We moved them out of the way and he didn't understand why they weren't in their proper places. The Elmo chair definitely has a place in the living room.
We weren't sure how long his attention would last but Jack stuck with the presents all morning. He didn't even seemed too overwhelmed. He had a blast! Jack's favorite gifts were his tent, an aquadoodle, a cell phone and all the Elmo things. I was completely spoiled this Christmas. Tom surprised me with portraits of Jack. He had them done a month ago and I never even knew it!



It was such a great surprise and I cried like a crazy person. He also got me a few new kitchen gadgets which I love and a blackberry. So exciting. :-) I was totally surprised and loved all of my gifts! Tom didn't make out so well. I got him a Sony E-Reader which we already returned. (I seem to flop every Christmas.) He got a watch instead which he's very happy with. :-) He also got an electric toothbrush, a Nerf gun, and a new motorcycle helmet. I think the only way I could have wowed him like he wowed me was if I got him a '68 Camaro. Maybe next year....??? Hahaha.






All in all we had a great holiday. I cried, Jack had so much fun and Tom gathered all of his return items and then we had lobster. Good times!!! :-) hahahah. It's a shame the day doesn't last longer!






We hope everyone out there had a great holiday too! We're sorry we couldn't be with family for the holidays! That would have been the only thing that could have made our Christmas better. (that and me getting Tom a gift he actually loved) Happy Holidays everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such great pictures - he is too cute! How are you doing? work? Do you still have family visiting?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tell Tom he is setting the bar really high!!! What a great surprise, having pics taken!!! I would have loved that! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!!! Hope you have a great new year! Jack is just too precious!!!!! How are you feeling? Let me know when the new little one is due!

Ells said...

Sounds like a fun day! Tom did a great job with those portraits! :)