Friday, December 19, 2008

Quiet house....

Today is Friday. I actually left work early today. I earned over 3 hours of comp time this week for working late nights due to meetings and SKIES classes. So I decided that I was taking 2 of those hours and coming home to see my guys and hang out with my mother-in-law. When I got home, the other car was gone and I walked into a very quiet house. They were all off shopping. It's just me and lazy Sadie. I have to say, I don't like a quiet house. I'd much rather hear Jack setting off all his musical toys, laughing or trying to talk. Noise is much better than silence! :-) Never thought I'd utter those words. Hahahaha
Speaking of Jack....the poor kiddo's been sick. Sandy, Tom's mom, flew in on Sunday and Monday morning he woke up with one of his eyes a little gunky (that's the true medical term...heheheh) Tuesday morning it was worse but through the day seemed to get better. Wednesday morning was not good. So we called the doctor and got him an appointment for that afternoon. Tom had his afternoon free so he and Sandy took Jack to the pediatrician. (I was bummed I missed out. This is the first time, knock on wood, that we've taken Jack to the doctors for something other than a well baby appt.) The results were that Jack had pink eye and an infection in each ear. I couldn't believe it. He didn't have a fever, he didn't show any signs of pain with his ears but sure enough....2 infections. So he's been on eye drops and the lovely, pink, bubble gum flavored, amoxycilin. He's doing so much better. His eyes which were swollen shut and all "gunky" have completely cleared up and he's great with taking his medicine. With Sandy being here I didn't have to take any time off work, which was great, but I wouldn't have minded staying home to take care of my baby!

1 comments:

Ells said...

awww, poor Jack!!!