Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New ride, new kicks




Over the weekend Tom got 2 new wheels. We traded in his Sportster for a new Nightrod. It's a really cool bike. We've been making trips to Salinas (the closest Harley dealer) just to "look". HA! I knew better. It is really cool and Jack seems to agree. It was funny, the whole time we're walking through the show room Jack made Bbbrrrrmmmm noises at all the bikes. I think Tom's excited that he has a future riding buddy.

On Monday night I made my way to a spouses club function. It was a new spouse welcome. I went by myself since I know no one here except my neighbors. I consider myself an outgoing person, but these women were hard to talk to. I'm not sure if it was because I'm army and everyone here seems to be Navy or what, it was just weird. I buddied up with one woman who was also there by herself. She was really nice. Her husband is in a different major so I'm not sure how often our paths will cross but we exchanged numbers and who knows. ( wow that sounded like a lame blind date or something) Anyway....with going to that function I cut out of there early and driving home I got to think about all the friends that have gone in different directions from Germany. Meagan and Deb....I miss you guys so much! Deb just had her first baby in Germany and I hate that I'm so far away and couldn't visit or throw her a shower. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of something to tell Meagan. She's still in Germany and the time change is so crappy that I don't get to call but I'm going to be better. Kelly, she was such a great neighbor, she's had a little girl since she moved that I haven't met in person. And my knitting group. Beth and Sara, without those guys the last "deployment/rear-D" 2 years would not have been tolerable. And Karen, Christy and Carisa, my PA girls....I love hanging out with them, I miss working with them and I get a little depressed when there's a scrapbooking weekend and I can't be there! :-) I guess it all just hit me that I miss my friends and I hate that I have to start from scratch out here. So I just wanted to say to everyone....I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!
And I'll end this blog with Jack's new obsession....his sunglasses. (There's also a box of croutons that he's been carrying around but the glasses lead to cuter pictures.) Inside or out, we wear our shades. Hahahaha. We LOVE that kid!!! and check out our new kicks....



2 comments:

Meagan said...

wwwaahhhh I miss you too...and Jack...and Sadie and waaaahhh (super pouty face). Having said that I am also proud of you for not being forever damaged by the disfunctional spouses club here in Germany and being willing to give another a try!
Miss you!
PS...I am lovin Jack's new kicks.

Beth said...

I miss you too! I don't have any new knitting friends in OK yet and I know even if I did, it wouldn't be the same.

And I wish Jack was around to play with Deacon since he doesn't have any friends his own age to play with yet.

Sigh. Why did we all leave Germany again?