Friday, August 1, 2008

Busy Bees

Well, it's been a little while since I've gotten the chance to blog. I hate those stretches of time because I accumulate sooo many pictures and then I have way too many things to blog about at one time.
The last week has been busy for us. We had our first house guests. YEAH! I love having visitors. Tom's mom and her crew drove our car cross country in the road trip of a life time. They left Pa and saw the memorial for the 9/11 flight victims in Shanksville, then went to Chicago, rode horses at a Dude Ranch in Wyoming, saw Mount Rushmore, Yellow Stone National Park, Jackson Hole, the Bad lands, drove through the Grand Tetons, hung out in San Fransisco and then hung out with us for a few days. I have to say I'm a little jealous. They all had such a good time, it would have been fun!! While they were here they threw Jack a little surprise birthday party. (They're sneaky) He had such a blast getting all that attention. He got a pretty cool gift too....a fish tank with 3 fishies all his own. Hahaha. He loves that thing! Every morning he comes out of his room on his way to get breakfast we make a pit stop and say good morning to the fish. He's so sweet.





While they were here we went to the Aquarium. We love that place. Jack got the chance to check out the touch ponds. How cool is it that an almost 1 year old got to touch a starfish and a sea cucumber and an abalone shell? He had the most fun playing in that touch pond with Boobie (that's what we're calling Tom's mom...it's Yiddish) He loves watching the fish swim by and tries to grab them through the window. Needless to say we are now have passes to the Aquarium. :-)




We also went on 17 mile drive again. It's so beautiful describing it really doesn't do it justice. This time we got the chance to walk around the shops at Pebble Beach Golf Course. We played a game..."Find the cheapest item" hahhaha. I never knew golf shirts could be so expensive. There were things in some shops that were kind of affordable. However there was 1 short sleeve polo shirt for $220.00. How much fun would it be to have the kind of money??? Anyway, we actually found a pen for $6.00. I'm sure my dad's going to spend a lot of time in those shops! I guess a $220 shirt is cheaper than a $500 round of golf, right? :-) hahahha. After 17 mile drive we headed south on Highway 1 and were on our way to Big Sur. There are fires in this area at the moment. They're finally contained but there were signs everywhere thanking the firefighters. Big Sur is beyond any words. The clips that you see in movies of people driving along the coast and it just being a HUGE cliff is in this area. I have NO pictures of this since I was driving and having my knuckles turn white from fear of flying off a cliff and into the ocean on the winding roads. But it was breath taking. We couldn't find a beach access so we just turned around 6 miles past Big Sur and came home. We later found out there's this ONE unmarked road that leads you to the beach. FUNNY!!! We completely failed to look this up before venturing down there, but now I know for next time. We had so much fun hanging out with Boobie and the Ladies from Pali. We're grateful that they brought our car to us and that they had a safe and wonderful trip. Tom's parents will be our next set of visitors in Sept and then my parents come in November...we can't wait!
After the ladies from Pali left the focus switched back to the house. Jack finally has a furnished room. YEAH!!! I've been itching to get him a crib and dresser and get his room all decorated and cute. Tom kept telling me..."Jack told me he doesn't care what his room looks like". hahaha. I know this.. but I care. Poor kid's only known a Pack 'N' Play. So after driving all over to Babies R Us in Salinas and home and then San Jose and home all in one day to pick up furniture....Jack has a room. The house was painted right before we moved in and since painting is soooo much fun we opted to not paint anything! YEAH! So the color of his room isn't my choice, but it works. Here's his room....so cute!






I still have to take pictures of the rest of the house. It's definitely a home now. We're all unpacked and only need a grill and patio set yet, but that stuff isn't needed right away. We really do love it here. Sadie has more friends than we do at the moment, but we're working on that. hahahah. There's dogs everywhere, it's great! Tom's class had a BBQ at Carmel beach last Friday. The great thing about the West Coast is that you're allowed to build fires on the beach, have little grills, let your dogs off the leash, it's so laid back here. That is a BIG NO NO at all the beaches I've been at on the East Coast. Anyway,it was fun to meet new people. It was hard to mingle with Jack but everyone seems really nice. They're all Navy people so we're the odd balls here. We have another meet and greet tonight, I'll let you know how that goes. :-) Hope every one's well!!! Start making those plans to visit us.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack's room is adorable! We miss him (and you and Tom) so much. Please give him lots of hugs and kisses from us. I read the later blog with his big old kiss - way too cute!! CA sounds wonderful. We're glad you are settling in, but we wish it was closer.

Love you all and miss you,
Lisi & Lexie

Anonymous said...

I need a "Jack Smooch" today. The video will have to do at this moment. It was so cute!
I love Jack's room. The crib looks great and the wall hangings are adorable. Can't wait to see it in person.
Now we need pics of the house. The front yard looks cute. Was that grass I see? Jack even has his very own pool. The ducky comes in handy.
Hugs and kisses to Jack. We miss him so so much>
Oma and Pop Pop

PS When will the next Ding Ding trip be?????

Anonymous said...

I love Jack's room - I still can't believe he is almost one!!