Friday, August 15, 2008

Jack's 1st Birthday


Well, yesterday was a crazy fun day in the McMurtrie house. Jack turned 1. I can't even believe that my little monster is a year old. It has been one wild year for us too. We've moved twice, Jack's been to 2 countries, a handful of states, 2 coasts and in 2 different oceans. He's a very well traveled kid for only being 1.
Yesterday was a day just for Jack. He had his favorite breakfast....a blueberry waffle, then we played and read lots of books. During his morning nap I wrapped a few presents and made his birthday Elmo cake.

After his nap he woke up to his favorite lunch, chicken nuggets and peas. Yummm!

I blew up a few balloons which kept him occupied for hours. Hhaahaha. We didn't even have one pop. Yeah! Once Tom got home and Jack was up from his second nap we had a little snack and birthday cake. My parent's got a web cam so they were able to watch Jack tear into Elmo. He really liked the cake.

That was a surprise since our failed attempt to get him to eat cake at his fake birthday party. After cake we went to the fair. It was really nice and the weather was warm. We had really good BBQ and grilled corn and then we watched a hypnotist show. It was pretty funny! We finished off the fair with a funnel cake and headed home for presents. Tom and I got Jack an outdoor water/sand play table, a few musical toys and a magnetic fridge toy from Leap Frog.






Jack also got a bunch of books from friends and family which is as much of a present to Tom and I as they are to Jack. There's only so many times you can read the same book over and over and over again. :-) And he LOVES to read his books!! So THANK YOU Aunt Lisi, Kelly and Addie!!! You all didn't have to send him anything. Jack, Tom and I thank you!!!
Jack had a great first birthday and I only had one little emotional breakdown, not too bad considering. Did I mention that I can't believe Jack's 1 already???

2 comments:

Meagan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK! I can hardly believe that he is one. He is so cute but you have to teach him to share his presents with Sadie (since she was looking on with wishful eyes in the one picture). Miss you! Give the birthday boy a big kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday - we were on the road but I'm glad it was wonderful for you all! Loved the pictures - Wes has the same water/sand table from my Mom and LOVES it!