Sunday, July 6, 2008

Where to begin....

Well, it's been a while since I've been able to write about our happenings and my thoughts. I have a very good excuse though! We moved!! YEAH! We are now west coasters! The past 3 weeks have been crazy for us. Jack and I tagged along on a family beach vacation to the Outer Banks in N.C. for a week. We had a great time! Tom wasn't able to join us due to his class schedule at Ft. Lee, that was a bummer! After 7 awesome days in North Cackalacky we headed back to Pottsville and packed up all of our belongings for the move to CA. We were lucky enough to have the Army cover movers for us from PA to CA. Thank goodness because I accumulated a lot of stuff and I have no idea how it was going to get across the country. Plus now all the random things of our pasts that were left at our parent's houses are now back in our possession and off of their garage shelves. So we got back from the beach Sat night (the 21st) then the movers came that Monday. Then on Thursday I made my last trip to Ft. Lee. YEAH!!! Can't say that I'll miss that drive! Tom graduated from his ORSA ALMC training course on Friday morning, the 27th. We packed him up and left from there to spend some time with the families before the big move! Saturday we spent most of our time doing laundry and getting all of our ducks in a row. Sunday morning we flew out of Newark airport on our way to Monterey. This was not our best airline experience...I'll have to save that for later... We came right to our new house last Sunday. Tom's brother Bruce flew with us to help with Jack and Sadie. We're very grateful! He was a HUGE help! Tom started at NPS right away last Monday. Our movers came Wednesday and we've been unpacking and organizing and boosting the economy ever since. I should be unpacking now but I needed a blogger break. I have a ton of pictures and highlights from the last few weeks. I'll break them down into their own blogs. That's my plan anyway....here I go....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! The beach in NC and Monterey - my favorite places. I'm sure the flight was difficult but it is over and you have fun stories to tell now. Do you love your house and the area you're in? Email your new contact info when you get a chance. Loved the pics from NC:)