Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh the IRONY...well, not really

So my LEAST favorite household chore is ironing! I mean I really hate ironing. What a waste of my time. It takes forever to get the wrinkles out which most of the time stay forever, I'm constantly burning myself and clothes (oops it happens) and it's boring! BORING BORING BORING!! All the days of our Army lives I only ever had to iron the random dress shirt or pants with our weird German iron. Tom's uniforms were taken care of by the dry cleaners or the new BDU's being wrinkle free were a little gift from above so my ironing jobs were usually few and far between. Then my husband gets into grad school. Of course a military grad school where they have to dress in collared shirts and khaki's all week, (Except on Tuesdays...that's uniform day hahahah) So I've been dreading taking on this chore full time. Last night I dove into the pile of clothes to be ironed. I have to say that I mastered my ironing skills. I still am not fond of the job, but my brand new iron makes it easy. All those comments from Tom about my crappy ironing skills will be heard NO LONGER!!! All these years I thought it was me....turns out it was the iron! VICTORY!! Now if only there was a better way to scrub a toilet....

1 comments:

Beth said...

I hear you on the German irons. Mine was pretty awful too. My sister-in-law almost got into a fight with it when they were visiting once. Yeah, I will be glad to be back in the US where irons work properly.