Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Early 1st birthday

Before we moved to California we had a little party for Jack. It was an early 1st birthday party. Actually it was more of a 4th of July party with a cake for Jack to get messy with. My parent's live in a prime location for local firework viewing and every year people stop by to see the show. This was the Friday before we flew to Ca which was perfect timing to say our goodbyes to family. I have such a big family on my mom's side that it would have taken a whole weekend to make our rounds otherwise.
My Aunts have been on my about Jack not being in Pottsville for his first birthday. (Insert pouty face here) So I thought the highlight of those 1st birthdays is the demolition of the cake and how messy the child can possibly get in a controlled environment. Hahahah. Right? So my mom got Jack an Elmo cake. (His obsession has begun with that weird, red, furry, squeaky voiced, whatever he is.) Anyway, the digging in of his cake was a little uneventful. Tom questioned if Jack is really his child since he wasn't overindulging in chocolate cake. Hahahah. He had more fun letting me lick the icing off of his fingers. He got a big kick out of that. But none the less Jack had a candle, made a wish (through my mind anyway) and had his early first birthday. (Notice the shiner on his right eye...after only 12 hours of walking we managed to find the corner of a table. OUCH!)







1 comments:

Beth said...

Zeke was the exact same way on his first birthday. He had never had anything sweet (besides fruit) before then, so the icing was quite a shock. He wanted nothing to do with it until I flipped it over to where it was just cake, and even then he didn't care too much for it.

Deacon on the other hand...well, let's just say you can see the pictures on my site. :)

Kids are just too funny. And Jack is too sweet. I love your blog too. Maybe Jack will be a little more into on his actual birthday now that you got the "practice run" out of the way. :)