Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ty"s Swimming Progress

I was lucky enough to get Ty in swim lessons this month. There is a HUGE lack of swim lesson options in our area. Off post they are so expensive you'd think Michael Phelps was giving private lessons. On post, the lessons are limited and they fill up fast. If the sign ups start at 9am, people will already be waiting for an hour or 2 before the doors to the office even open. Then you have to go in and you get a number and you have to wait until your number is called. Once you get called up you get to pick from what's left. It's crazy. We did this ONCE. We went and waited almost 2 hours, I vowed to never waste my Saturday morning like that again. Sooooo, I wait until the day AFTER sign ups start, then I call and see if there is anything left over. And that's how Ty got lessons for this month. Unfortunately, next month filled right up.
   So Ty had his very first swim lesson 3 weeks ago. I thought he did great but his teacher told me he needed to work on going under water. . . . . . . . . . Um. . . . . . . .It was his very first lesson and I figured as much. Since we got the leftover lessons he didn't have class the next week. So his 2nd lesson was this past Tuesday and he surprised all of us! He did AMAZING!!! He was going under water, down the slide, floating and even swam on his own without any floatie devices. I was so excited for him! He kept looking over at me and giving me a thumbs up. Hahahah! I actually got choked up watching him. He was pretty fearless and I couldn't have been prouder! Way to go TY!!!!



During the private lessons in the mornings we have to share the pool with the aqua-aerobics class. Bodie really enjoys rocking out to the music and flirting with the older ladies. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job ty we wont be able to take our eyes off him this summer.first soccor and now a swimmer what's next!!!!! were so proud of you..love great grammy spotts

Oma said...

Way to go TY!!!!! You will be all over Aunt Lisi's pool this summer. FUN FUN FUN! And a shout out to Bodie - you move those hips Bo!!! You will have the ladies all over you. What a cutie! Love ya all and miss ya too! Thanks Niki for blogging once again. :)

Aunt Lisi said...

Summer is almost here (we open the pool this weekend)...so it's great that you can swim, Ty! Now you'll really have fun (and maybe Mom can relax a bit). Can't wait to see you!!

Nik...thanks for blogging again. It helps with those (like me) who refuse to join the Facebook scene! Miss you all!!