Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Long time, No blog ................Jack's Talent Show

I'm back. :-)

 To start it all off again, here's a video of Jack at his talent show a few weeks ago. His music teacher organized a talent show for the entire school. The younger kids only preformed in front of their own classes. It was the perfect setting for each kiddo's first public speech. His teacher did an amazing job of making the kids feel comfortable and she encouraged them to keep talking in the microphone after their talent, which of course was the highlight of it all. :-) They could sing, dance, paint, or even do a math problem. It was completely up to them.
   Jack chose to talk about playing soccer. He decided to wear his jersey into school, and he showed everyone his medal and trohpy. We practiced the things he was going to talk about a few times but the morning of his show, he was super nervous. I told him that if he didn't feel comfortable doing it, that he could change his mind then. But he should at least try. Plus I reminded him of the whole microphone thing again. Hahha. He was really excited to use the microphone.
   Parents were allowed to attend the show. I was 1 of 2 moms that showed up. Jack has 22 students in his class and it kind of broke my heart that no one else was able to get there. I understand though that it's not easy to get time off and all that, I do. I just thought there'd be more than 2 of us. And as always where I go so do Ty and Bo. :-) They loved the talent show! Bo danced every time there was a song, Ty clapped for each student like they just won the World Series. Hahahah!
    The talent show was really cool. I think all but 3 students preformed something and you could see them beaming when they finished their talent and everyone clapped for them.
     I was so proud of Jack. For being so nervous that morning, I'm glad he over came his fear and he did an awesome job! With no further ado......Here's Jack............



2 comments:

Oma said...

AWESOME JOB JACK!!!!!! Oma And PopPop are very proud of you!

Lisi said...

What an AWESOME presentation Jack!! I'm so proud of you for getting up in front of everyone. Speaking in the microphone is fun...isn't it? We miss you and your brothers!! Love you, Aunt Lisi