Wednesday, June 22, 2011

7 weeks....almost

Bodie will be 7 weeks old on Friday. He doesn't feel that old to me. My days seem to be flying by. He's such a great baby! Tom and I have been very blessed with our kiddos. They're great eaters and sleepers. Sleep is so important!! Hahah! Jack slept through the night at 6 weeks, Ty was at 8 weeks and Bodie wins with starting to sleep through the night at 5 weeks! I feel like he's been consistent enough that I can talk about it out loud without jinxing it! (but I'm still going to knock on wood!) Bodie goes to bed around 10 or 10:30 and will usually wake up between 6-7am. I really don't know how we got so lucky! His day time schedule is pretty great too. He's usually up for about an hour and half and is napping for 3-4 hours in between.
Bo's also starting to get a little personality too. He has an amazing smile! Of course I haven't been able to capture his big smiles on camera yet, but I did get a few little ones. His feet and shoulders are ticklish. He LOVES bath time and staring at himself in the mirror. He always calms right down when Tom holds him and seems to really like being outside. Like every newborn, he knows exactly when I'm about to eat dinner because he wakes up screaming. hahahah! He definitely wants to be fed ASAP when he wakes up and his angry cry is pretty scary. And just like Jack...he loves the swing!
Bo is a great baby! He's let me feel like a human again pretty quickly. I've been fortunate too because I didn't have any postpartum blues with him. I had them with Ty and Jack. I didn't realize that it could be possible to not feel all crazy and sad after having a baby. I thought it was how you were supposed to feel after giving birth and letting your hormones balance out. But I never had the down moments after Bodie. It's been really great not having anxiety attacks and crying to Tom every night for weeks. I'm not quite sure how he put up with me after we had the first 2 boys. He is such an amazing husband and Dad!! Tom-I love you and thank you for everything you do and put up with around here! :-)

Jack and Bo (Ty was napping)

A little smile

His common serious face. :-)


And since Ty wasn't available for the new Bodie pictures here's 2 videos of Ty holding Bodie the other day. The first one is just Ty being entertaining. We've been trying to get him to roll his tongue. When we asked him to stick out his tongue he just keeps his lips closed and hums, like his tongue was really sticking out. Of course when I'm videoing him he does it right. Hahah! Then the 2nd video is of how he wouldn't give Bodie back to me without putting up a fight. He had a bear hug of a hold on him too. Hahah!




1 comments:

Aunt Lisi said...

Your videos are way too precious! I love how Ty desperately wanted to keep Bodie, but the whole time he wouldn't take his eyes off the TV. You and Tom have 3 BEAUTIFUL boys. We can't wait to see you next month. Bring your bathing suits...we'll be swimming everyday! Love you all!