Monday, December 13, 2010

Cooooookies!

The weather wasn't supposed to be so great this weekend. Last week we had freezing temperatures (Beth I know you experience what "freezing" really means up there in AK, so ignore me) and then they were calling for 1-3 inches of snow over Saturday and Sunday. We love the snow so we were ready. The boys have coats, boots, hats, mittens, a sled and an innertube..... we were ready to go. Also I thought ahead (this really doesn't happen often) and I decided to stock up on our cookie dough so we could bake and decorate our cookies this weekend. Well, the snow didn't really happen like they predicted. We did get over an inch but the wind is so crazy that it's just blown all over the place and it really only snowed last night. So my plans for a snowy weekend of snowman building and sleigh riding was a bust but we still managed to knock out some cookies. Since I denied Ty the experience of working with colored sugar crystals, due to his glitter glue fiasco, he got to enjoy a lollipop with Tom while Jack and I worked or better termed...made a huge mess. Hahha!



The infamous McMurtrie, I'm getting my picture taken, face.

He's one gross kid!



2 comments:

Ells said...

Love it! What a fun weekend. That last picture is particularly priceless. :)

Also a fun sneak peek at your belly... so excited for you!

Beth said...

Yay for making cookies. I **almost** can't wait to make them with mine.

And I love that last picture. So nice to see (almost) all of Tom's face. :)