Friday, June 11, 2010

And the Oscar goes to......

We've been working on teaching Ty some signs. Our beginning signs are "all done", "drink", "eat", and "more". The other night Tom was working on the "more" sign with Ty while we were eating dinner. Now, Ty's done this sign quite a few times. This night, however, he wasn't feeling too cooperative. Instead we got to see Ty put on one of his more entertaining shows.....The Faker! It was like he was having a mini hissy fit because he didn't want to do the sign but he definitely wanted another bite of applesauce. This kid cracks us up!!! Don't worry....he eventually got his applesauce. We didn't make him work too hard for it! :-)



Who says you can't play with your food??? Another night at dinner Ty was sharing his waffle frie with Tom. Then he started closing Tom's hand. I have no idea where he got this from. It was so funny to watch though. At one point it looked like he was playing peek-a-boo with his frie. hahahah! (Can you tell I usually have the camera on the dining room table....many dinner time videos)



And if you were almost 3 years old and were having a mini ice cream cone for a snack.....where would you eat it? Well.....a clothes hamper of course! Isn't that the first place you'd go?


5 comments:

Aunt ReeRee said...

Oh I love the fake cry. Looks like you have a one year old with a mind of his own!! Jack in the hamper is too funny. Those are the great memories of childhood. Only my kds would have been in there WITH the dirty clothes!!!

Ells said...

How funny - both of them! We can't wait to hang out with you all!

Meagan said...

Ha ha ha! Love the fake cry. I have days when I feel like I just want my applesauce....do not make me work for it woman, so I understand.
Ashby has also started hiding food in my hand. It cracks me up.
As for Jack...he is so smart. If I lived in a household with 2 dogs and a baby brother I may eat my ice cream in a protected environment too.

Aunt Lisi said...

It makes me wonder what is really going on in CA. One child has to work for his food, and the other is caged. I gotta say that Ty's video reminds me of Lexie's temper tantrum that we have on film...it stops to watch tv and then picks up again. What stinkers!

Beth said...

I love the faker! What a killer. :)

And good for Jack for being on top of the game. After all, if you're going to eat ice cream cones, you're probably going to make a mess. So, what better place to eat one than in a hamper, where your clothes are going to wind up anyways. I like where his head is at. :)