Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Great Grandparents

Today we got to hang out with my grandmother and grandfather. The boys are their first great-grandchildren, which I think is pretty cool. We headed there for lunch today with my dad. My Gram is a great cook. She has this perfectly seasoned/oiled/used cast iron pan that she used to make us fried cheese. I don't want to admit that I ate this but when Gram's cooking, it's going to be good so you have to eat it. It was soooo good.

Gram had her Easter decorations out so Jack had a blast egg hunting in her living room. Ty was crawling all over the place and kept visiting my Pap in his recliner. Ty is becoming quite the chatter box.



He was even talking my Pap's ear off for a while.




My "G'rents" have a parakeet named Firecracker. Jack immediately goes to the cage and says hello to the bird and asks his favorite question (and I quote) "Hello Bird, What are you doing here?" Hahaha. He asks that to everyone he sees, including stuffed animals, dogs, and even a rock. :-) Anyway, Gram let Firecracker out which provided a solid 45 minutes of entertainment for all of us.


Then Jack found the fly swatter. Game over. My Pap got him going that there was a bug on his back. I of course didn't have the camera going the first time he was trying to get this pretend bug. I'm pretty sure I would have won the $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos.



We had a great time hanging out there today! It's so much fun being around family again!!

1 comments:

Aunt Ree Ree said...

What great videos from Gram and Pap's. Terrific memories to last a lifetime. They're keepers. oh yeah, the kids are cute too!! ha ha