Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Big news....

We'd like you all to meet....

Titus Xavier McMurtrie


Ty was born on June 2nd @ 2:27 am. He weighed 7 pounds 13 oz and measured in at 20 inches long. My delivery went SUPER fast. I still can't wrap my head around how fast he came into the world. I started having contractions Sunday night when Tom and I went to bed. I was waking up every 2-3 hours but they were mild. On Monday I had a busy day. Lola had a vet appointment and then I went into work for 3 hours. I then went and picked up Jack at daycare to only spend and hour and half there talking job opportunities with the center director (we'll save that for another blog). Then when Tom got home went to Costco and Office Depot and grabbed some dinner. Of course I was having contractions all day but I convinced myself it was false labor. When I had Jack my whole stomach felt the contraction. With Ty I was only having pain in my lower abdomen. I seriously thought it was all braxton hicks. Especially since I was at my doctor's office on Thursday and there was nothing going on. Needless to say, I was very wrong! We went to bed around 9:30pm, I couldn't sleep and ended up getting sick around midnight. With that and the contractions getting stronger we called Dr. Keith. After that phone call, my friend and co-worker Rhonda got her phone call to hang out with Jack. We got got the hospital around 1am. I was already 4cm dilated. My first question was...."when can I have the epidural???" Well, the drugs never happened. I didn't even get pain medication in my IV. My labor moved a long soooo fast they had to keep me from pushing because the doctor wasn't here yet. As soon as Dr. Keith came, 2 pushes later Ty made his grand entrance. I was here for an hour and half and had Ty. I must of begged for the epidural like I was a junkie or something. Hahaah. All I kept saying is that I remember the pain from Jack and want the drugs. Ty had a different plan. :-) So the delivery went really well, Ty is a very happy and healthy baby. He's taken to nursing right away and is very peaceful and curious. I've only heard him cry 3 times.
Another great thing about the quick delivery was that Tom was able to get home to Jack before he even woke up and knew we were gone. Rhonda saved us that night and we owe her big!!! Being in the military you have to rely on GREAT friends to fill the void of family being so far away. I'm very grateful for the friends I've made here!! So Tom left us at the hospital to venture home and run the dogs and get Jack off to daycare. We figured it was better to keep him on schedule in the mornings and just pick him up early from daycare. So Jack met Ty for the first time around 4om yesterday. Jack was amazing with him! I really couldn't be luckier! Jack must have said "Hi Titus" a million times waiting for him to say Hi back. He uses the most gentle touch with him and gives lots of kisses. He sat on my lap and we held Ty and without me saying anything, Jack leaned down and kissed him on the nose. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen! He's going to be a great big brother!
Everything's going smoothly and I get to go home tonight after dinner. I love that you can get out of the hospital so quickly, I'm ready to be at home with the whole family and sleep in my own bed. :-) Well, that's the latest and greatest with us....here's a few pictures. There will be many more to come!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niki- Congratulations! He is beautiful and you all look so happy - and rested I must say:) Glad that the delivery was quick since you couldn't get the epidural. Congrats again and have fun with your two little ones:)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world Ty!!!!! We love you so much. Jack, you are going to be an awesome Big Brother. Two grandbabies - this is Oma Heaven!

Amy said...

Congratulations! You look great, and Ty is very cute. I am sure Jack will be a wonderful big brother! Take care and good luck!

Sara said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

He's beautiful. Jack and Tom both look so proud and you looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Niki and Tom!!!! He is beautiful!!!! Don't you wish me and Morgan could come up to your hospital room and watch my daughter bang on the bassinet and wake Ty up!!!!! Remember that with Jack!! Thought that might make you laugh! Wish I could come see you! Congrats again!!! What a beautiful family!

Beth said...

Oh, yay! He is beautiful, you are beautiful, this is so exciting! Love the name too. I can't wait to tell Josh. :)

Ells said...

I like the name too!!! And Niki... he's adorable! Another unbearably cute Murtie baby. Love the story about Jack kissing him unprompted, and waiting for him to talk back. :)

Congratulations!!!!!