Tuesday, June 30, 2009

4 weeks and 1 door down



First let me say...Happy 4 week birthday Titus. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks. Holy crap!! Ty's doing great! Forgive me for repeating myself but I just can't get over how much more relaxed we are with the 2nd baby. If it wasn't easier the 2nd time around with a 2 yr old added to the mix, we'd be losing our minds for sure!!! I've been blessed with happy healthy boys that are pretty easy going and even more blessed with an AMAZING husband. (Tom's going to roll his eyes at me when he reads this but he'll get over it.) He's so good to me and the kids!! Tom has made these past 4 weeks too easy! Ty sleeps from around 11pm-4am then he's up for about 2 hours then back to sleep for 3 hours. I do the night feeding because I'd have to get up and pump anyway and with school, Tom needs a good night's sleep. Tom gets up with the dogs around 6:30 (Lola's an early riser) then gets Jack ready for the day and feeds him breakfast and then when Ty wakes up around 8 or so gets him changed and ready for me. During all of that craziness he lets me sleep. Plus he doesn't stop there. He keeps Jack entertained, walks the dogs, helps with dinner, etc...Like I said, he is amazing. I could go on and on about how he's spoiling me and the boys. He is such a great dad and I love him so much for the guy he is!! :-)
Ok, now that I have that out of my system I can share about our evening. We have 9 doors in the house. They all lead to closets, bedrooms and bathrooms. Only 1 of them has a lock on it. Do you all know where this is going??? Our bedroom is the lucky room with the lock. Of course we only have 1 key that goes with this house and it's for the front door. So when you add it all up what does this equal???....Jack locking himself in our bedroom. There's no other way in to this room except through a window in the back of the house that's about 15 feet off the ground. (we don't own a ladder). So after about 15 minutes of trying to get Jack to unlock the door and unsuccessfully picking the lock with paperclips Jack was getting scared, started crying and then Tom kicked the door in. Tom convinced Jack to sit on the bed so he was out of the way and no injuries were had except for the door of course. (To Alan, our landlord, if you're reading this...no need to worry. The door frame was not harmed and the door will be replaced....soooo sorry!!!) But what do you do? He's 22 months old and smarter than we are, that's for sure!

Notice the nice footprint....ouch!
And just to add a smile to your day here's a few more pictures.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan locks our doors but luckily I can use my fingernail to unlock them! Glad that everything is going so well for all of you:) Great pics

Aunt Ree Ree said...

Been there...done that.....you need to get either a door with no lock or a lock that you can just 'pop' the lock. Isn't being a parent great?!?!?