Saturday, May 2, 2009

The latest...

Well, it's been a long time since I've blogged. I wish I was better, something to work on.
In the 3 weeks I haven't blogged we've had a lot keeping us busy. Mostly the usual stuff....work, kiddo, school and Sadie. One thing that I'm really excited about is the decision Tom and I made for me to NOT go back to work after I have the baby! I love having a career and feeling important and contributing to our finances. The thing of it was it really just wasn't worth all the stress and time I was missing with Jack and Tom. Not to mention I'm due with Baby Boy #2 in 4 weeks. I've been so lucky that Tom's been able to have so much flexibility with his schedule to cover my hours. He's been Super Dad these past few months with taking care of Jack. He's starting his thesis in 2 months and with that comes a newborn and the terrible 2s for Jack and I just miss my family and all my mom moments. So my resignation was turned in and it was a great feeling!! I'm just going to work up to when I have the baby then that's it. It was great to be more than the last sentence on Tom's military bio but the timing isn't right at the moment. So my new job, that I'm very happy to take on....stay at home mom! YEAH!!

Tom's doing great. Midterms are coming up this week for him. He's playing softball with a bunch of class mates from NPS. It's a sally type league, no sliding, underhand pitches, limits on home runs. But it's so much fun taking Jack to his games. Jack cheers and claps for him and it's funny how many memories came back from watching Tom play. I'm excited for when Jack plays baseball.....if he so chooses. :-)
Jack's doing pretty great too. He's growing like a weed, talking non-stop and eating us out of house and home. He gives the baby kisses goodnight and says "hi" to him in the morning. I can't wait to see him with his baby brother. He's such a sweet kid! We did finally get somewhere with his ears. After 2 weeks on allergy medicine we went back to the pediatrician and his ears were still infected. With pressure from me, the Dr. gave us a referral to an Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. We had that appointment yesterday and the outcome.....Jack needs ear tubes. The ENT Dr. was really great, explained everything and really left the decision up to us. I didn't want to put him on a 5th anti-biotic and tubes made sense. The doctor said Jack is definitely hearing things muffled with the amount of fluid behind his ear drums. So hearing loss and speech development are also a factor, not just ear infections and anti-biotics. So tubes it is. Otherwise, he's doing great and keeping us on our toes.

Tom's mom is in town visiting this week. I love having visitors. She's here to help us get everything ready for the baby. I can't believe I'm a few weeks away. At my last appointment the OB said the baby's head was down....yeah! I'm hoping that I go early and QUICK with this one! :-) Anyway....here's some pictures of Jack at the playground and painting a birdhouse. What's more fun than painting with a 20 month old??? :-)






6 comments:

Ells said...

I love all the fun stuff you do with Jack! What cute painting pictures! It's great to hear your update, and imagine your lives with fun baseball games and expecting the Baby Boy 2... and I'm excited for you that you get to stay home with Jack and #2!! I totally hear you on the significance/career issue, but I'm starting to think it is a lie that we believe about ourselves... you are way more to Tom than one line on his bio, and Jack will LOVE getting to have you there I bet!

Meagan said...

Four more weeks until there is another mini-Murtie. I can not wait until he is here and we finally get to find out his name (unless I can figure out a way to bribe Jack into telling me...does the kid like cupcakes...I could ply him with cupcakes).

Beth said...

Yay for Stay-at-home-moms! WHoO! And super yay for upside down sunglasses! That's how we like to wear them here too.

I'm glad to hear things are going really well for you guys. I can't wait to meet McM boy #2. Wow, only 4 more weeks. How time flies. Have you picked a name yet?

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for the three of you! I'm sure the birth will go smoothly and quickly this time. Epidurals in the States (not that I have anything else to compare to) are AMAZING!! Can't wait to see new pictures and hear how everything went!!

LMerkle said...

Good to hear the updates. Can't wait to see photos of the newest McMurtrie! Glad you will get to stay home. I'm trying to find child care right now and it is STRESSFUl!!!! I'm so happy for you. Jack is adorable, love all the fun stuff you do with him! Take care,

Sara said...

what can I say? I can't wait either! I'm so excited for you... about the new McM and about being with the kids. :)
Know that we are sending super-good-but-not-too-fast-so-you-can't-get-meds-if-you-want-them labor thoughts your way. Keep us posted!