Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Her name was.....

LOLA"

We'd like everyone to meet the newest furry addition to the McMurtrie family. No baby yet, just a puppy. That's right, you may all think we're crazy, and we may be, but this weekend we picked up a beautiful, 8 week old, golden retriever puppy. We drove about 2 hours south of us, by Ft. Hunter Leggitt to get her on Saturday. We named her Lola Belle. She's doing great so far. She's bugging the crap out of Sadie which is comical. Sadie doesn't have a mothering bone in her body. Lola tries to cuddle up to her and Sadie jumps up and runs like she's attacking. I'm hoping Sadie will love her one day. It took her 18 months to love Jack. I guess in due time. Jack however loves her sooo much. I have no doubt he's going to be a great big brother. He lays with Lola, and pets her so gently. He walks around the house saying her name and singing the song. It's hilarious. He plays with her and really does a great job of being gentle. I can't wait to see him with the baby. It warms my heart!
Anyway, here's a few pictures of Lola, she's definitely keeping us busy and getting us ready for the baby. Speaking of.....1 more week, I'm soooo ready!!!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God she is adorable!! I'm sure that all the new additions will settle in well together:) Can't wait to hear how it goes and the new little one's name! Miss ya

Meagan said...

Oh so cute! I am sure that Sadie will come around. After only 3 months Emmie and Duke are now best friends, with Duke letting Emmie groom him!
One more week until the baby is here! How are you feeling?

Beth said...

Isn't she just the cutest puppy ever! I think you're crazy getting a puppy right before having kiddo #2, but she is just too sweet, I think I almost understand. :)

Ells said...

Oh Sadie, what a funny look on your face! All these newcomers that you have to put up with and share Tom and Niki with...

Thanks for the cute pictures of your latest addition, Niki! Can't wait to see the next one! :)

Anonymous said...

I keep checking to see if you have a new baby post yet! I'm wishing you a speedy and painless delivery:) Tonight I was running and my neighbor had 8 boxer puppies - 4 weeks old - out in the yard. I want one so badly - you'll have to let me know how it goes with 2 and 2:) Miss ya