Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Craigslist obsession






I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I had a great 1st Mom Day. The only thing that would have made it better is if Tom got to spend it with us. Stupid Virginia!!! I know Mother's Day isn't about the presents but I got some GREAT ones! Hahahah. Jack, with the help of his Oma and Boobie, got me the new Shel Silverstein book "Don't Bump a Glump", and a Vera Bradley bag which has become my new diaper bag. Shel Silverstein is my favorite author, I love all of his stuff, and my new bag is way more stylish then the old diaper bag. Hahahaha. And the mother of all mother's day gifts....Tom got me a Wii. Hahahahah. I absolutely love that thing! All of my family are Miis and my thumbs hurt from playing Mario Kart for way too many hours when I should have been doing laundry. :-) It was a great day though, I got to spend my afternoon with Jack's grandmothers and great-grandmothers and hang out with the family.

So lately my days have been filled with planning our move to Ca. I know we still have a month and a half but it's time to work out the details. We bought our tickets the other day. We're flying out on June 29th, Sadie Mae included. Tom graduates ORSA training on June 27th and has to be in Monterey to sign in to NPS on June 30th. So I'll be driving down to see him graduate then we're coming back to Pa, hanging around with family for a day then off we go on Sunday. We've been looking for housing options for a few weeks now. I check craigslist about 12 times a day. And when I say 12 times a day....I'm really not exaggerating. The off post house rentals are few and far between for 3 bedroom houses that take dogs and are in our price range. We have the option of on post housing, which is actually pretty nice, but we're still looking for a house in the city and closer to the beach. Tom and his sponsor, every new person gets a sponsor, have been e-mailing each other back and forth. He's been really great about giving us info on NPS. We are really excited to live there. Well, it's been about 15 minutes so I'm due for another looksie at craigslist. My biggest frustration is that people are never quick enough with responding back. At least let me know if the place is rented. Poor Monterey realtors....I'm on a mission!!! hahahaha Wish me luck!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- What are you doing with your cars when you move? Will they send them for you?

I can't wait to hear about it - I miss Monterey! Be sure to go to the Bonny Doon vineyards - great wine in a relaxed setting!