Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reject Pumpkin Patch

Today we ventured out to a pumpkin patch. Last year we went to Hinton's Farm (about 45 mins away) This year we opted for a place that I found through Google that was a little closer. This place was such a bummer. It was advertised as having a petting zoo, farm animals, bouncy houses, hay rides, and a maze. This was FALSE advertising at it's best. Hahahahah!
This was NOT a farm, this was someone's house. We parked in their drive way and walked around on their lawn. There weren't farm animals, there were a few miniature horses and 1 donkey. There was no petting zoo, no hay rides, no pumpkin patch. There were picked pumpkins piled on pallets. There was a small bouncy house which was the highlight of our trip. We were there 20 minutes tops.
What rounded out this trip for me were 2 things. #1: the lady running everything was very scary and was walking around, talking pretty loudly on her cell phone to a person (for what I could make out, just got arrested) saying, "we don't give out Xanax." I must have heard "Xanax" about 18 times. There was a sheriff's car parked in the driveway as well so I'm not sure if he lived there or was there on business. hahahaha! #2: I bought a few pumpkins and when I went in to their little shed to pay the other scary lady, I noticed they were selling MEAT. Not just regular cuts of meat you'd find in a cooler.....oh NO!!!! This was sliced meat in a ziploc baggie, sitting on an upside down tupperware bin, with a $0.50 sticker on it. This was not jerky. This looked like some kind of bacon product. It was raw and NOT refrigerated. I was trying very hard not to judge, but this place was screaming for it! This was not the pumpkin patch experience I was looking for! Sooooooo we're heading to Hinton's next weekend to make up for it with some clean, farm fun, including hay rides, a corn maze, pumpkin pickin', no drug talk, no mystery meats, just normal pumpkin fun ! :-)


I wonder if they counted this as a farm animal and the petting zoo??? Sadly, this is the only picture I took.

2 comments:

Beth said...

That is so scary/crazy! I don't think I would have lasted as long as you did. I would have taken one look around and been all, "Nope. Get the kids back in the car and get us out of here!" I hope next weekend is gorgeous and you all have a great time at the better pumpkin patch.

Aunt Ree Ree said...

Hey, are you SURE you didn't drive to someplace in the Skook??? It sure sounds like something out in the Valley!!! ha ha ha. Sorry about your crappy pumpkin patch experience. Only taking ONE picture says more than your whole blog! Better luck and better pics next weekend! Love you guys.