Monday, October 31, 2011

Carving time

We carved our pumpkins on Saturday. Jack chose a spider (go figure) and Ty wanted a "happy face". Hahaha! Jack was NOT a fan of de-gutting the pumpkin. He told me at one point, "Mom, I don't think I like this very much, you can do it." Ty on the other hand found the guts hysterical and would dig right in, grab a handful then scream...."eeeewwwwwww" and then laugh like a hyena. I carved Jack's spider but the boys carved Ty's happy face. I think they came out pretty well. I had plans of carving this huge pumpkin we got but the pumpkins were outside and the insides were freezing cold. So we'll let the big one survive as a fall turkey day decoration until we decorate for Christmas! :-) (Scary to think that's only 8 1/2 weeks away.)

Ty and the guts. :-)

Loving the grossness

Jack's face sums up his pumpkin gutting experience.

Ty carving a happy face.

"I DO IT! I DO IT MYSELF!"

Spectator Bodie

Jack and the Jack-o-Lantern

He was a pro.

Poor Dad, he moonlights as a jungle gym.

The finished products...

Mr. Blue Eyes

2 comments:

Oma said...

I love the pumpkin carving story! Thanks for sharing. It'a ALMOST like being there!
Jack is your sensitive one, Ty is your gutsy one, What will blue eyes be? Hmmmmm
The pumpkins are awesome! I am so impressed with the spider and especially the happy face. Jack & Ty, you did a great job! As for Blue Eyes - can he get any cuter!
Love you all, Miss you more!
Oma

Aunt Lisi said...

Lil blue eyes is gorgeous! The pumpkins aren't bad either! I'm impressed. I think you can do it all, Nik! Your boys are going to have such wonderful memories. Keep the pics and blogs coming...we can't wait for the next one! Miss you all!