Monday, October 17, 2011

For the Birds

The other day we made little bird feeders for our feathered friends. Peanut Butter was involved so Ty was very willing to participate. :-) The boys got to smear their own peanut butter on a good ol' TP roll. Jack loves using a knife (even if it's the little kiddie one) Ty ate most of his PB before it got to the roll. Then they rolled it in seeds and we stuck the rolls on a few branches of our pear tree in the front yard.







I love this picture because of Ty's little evil minion face! Hahahah!


Since Bodie wasn't game for the bird feeder craft here's a few pictures of him NOT rolling over. Hahaha! This kiddo rolled over once for Tom about 4 weeks ago, I saw him roll once 2 weeks ago and he hasn't done it again since. I don't think he likes the pressure since all we do is cheer him on to roll over. Hahaha! He teeter totters from side to side on his back constantly but just won't go the whole way. He's already 5 months and VERY stubborn! Or lazy, hard to tell! :-) He's actually grown quite fond of being on his stomach too. He doesn't roll from belly to back either but he's pretty darn close to crawling. He gets his legs under him and scoots forward all over the place. So, on his own time I guess, or we'll just skip rolling all together. He did it twice, why over do it? He's a pretty chill baby so I guess he'll do it when he wants to do it! I wonder who he takes after??? :-)

All the way up on his side....

Ty was showing him how to roll over! hahah!

And back to the favorite position.....just relaxing horizontally.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

You are such a clever, crafty Mommy. And do not worry...Ashby rolled over on Christmas Day and then never did it again for a month.

Aunt Ree Ree said...

I love the idea. I miss those days when we would make that stuff. Although, I get to do it every day at school!! Maybe that's why I like my job so much. Hope the birds love them too. Love you guys. Bodie is adorable. Looks like his big brother Ty.

Anonymous said...

are you sure Ty didn't eat the pudding along with the peanut butter. He certainly has the pudding face look (as in the jello pudding ad on tv) looks kinda suspicious to me. yes you do have good ideas and I hope you see lots of birds / they are fun to watch. love Great Granny

Beth said...

Toilet paper rolls? What a clever idea. We used to make them with pine cones. I may have to try this. :)