Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rainy Day Project

On Monday it rained/poured all day. I had some errands that I had to run in the morning (bummer) so while we were out we picked up a kit for a gingerbread house. We needed something new to do since we were stuck inside. (Even though it was raining and we were home all afternoon I didn't have the energy to make my own gingerbread, there is a reason they make the kits, right??? hahahah) Building the gingerbread house went as smoothly as it could having a 3yr old and 1 yr old helper. :-) Jack and Ty focused on eating all the decorations as I icing-glued it all together. Ty managed to sneak his first gumball, surprisingly he chewed it with much success and was very sad when I finger swept it out of his mouth. Jack found his new favorite candy...Skittles, and we had a great time eating the heads off of the reindeer. :-)

He kept tasting every line of icing. Hahahah!



Blondie didn't need the extra sugar!!

I caught them licking the icing off the table when I was cleaning up.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Super Fun!

Aunt Ree Ree said...

I just bought our kit today...and I bet yours with 3yr and 1yr old helpers comes out better than mine with a 13 and 9 year old helpers!!!! We'll send photos of it your way when it's done. By the way...Ty looks more like he has the divil in his eye with every picture!!!! (yes, that's divil, not pronounced devil!! ha ha ha) love you guys.