Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Technical Difficulties....

Every thing is going great at the McMurtrie household. Even though we really don't have a household. It's spread out between Pottsville, Pa and Ft. Lee, Va, but everything's great. :-) I've been totally slacking in the blogging part of life. I do have a few good excuses though. heheheh I don't like to blog with out adding a few pictures or videos. Now that Tom's in Va, so is our lap top. (problem #1) On our laptop I can just put the memory card form the camera right in it's own little slot and upload my pictures. Well, my parent's computer does not have this luxury. (Problem #2) So I would have to use my USB cord to transfer my pics and that is of course sitting in California (problem #3). So you're thinking...why don't you just load up your pics and videos in Ft. Lee when you visit Tom on the weekends??? The internet in his crappy little Army lodging room works in 10 minute intervals then boots you off. This of course is not enough time for me to load anything on the junkie connection. (Problem #4) But I have a solution. Tom's coming to Pottsville this weekend, laptop in tow. :-) I have so many new things to blog about and I need the pictures to support the words.
Jack turned 8 months old yesterday. I seriously can't believe how much he's growing up. I am absolutely loving this age too. He's so curious and quite the explorer. The last blog had a video of him attempting to crawl. He is now taking off in every direction. The dogs don't know what to do, chase him, lick him or protect their toys. Hahahaha. He's been crawling for 2 weeks now and is already pulling himself up on things. I can't believe how determined he is. He just doesn't give up. I love that about him. Not sure when he'll start walking but he definitely likes standing better than sitting or crawling. He also loves feeding himself too. It's so funny watching him concentrate so hard on one little puff snack, pick it up with his thumb and index finger then he chomps on it and SMILES. He looks at you like, "Did you just see what I did? That's right, that was all me!" Hahahhahaha. I hate that we have to be away from Tom right now but us living with him in his weeee little room in Va just won't work. He's really enjoying the ORSA training. Phase 1 is over for him on Friday which was all math prep (Statistics, Probability and Calculus) for Phase II. He's hopping a ride from our friend Wagner who lives in Va beach this weekend to come home. I like to think he's coming home to see us, but I think he really misses Sadie. No man can go that long without his dog. Hahhaha. So that's how things are going with us. The weather is supposed to be great this week so I should have some good outdoor photo ops. Hope every one is doing great!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ah, we'll accept pictureless blogs if that means we get to know what is going on with you guys. Sounds like all is well, even if split in funky army fashion.
Looking forward to watching Lily pass through all those milestones and comparing her to Deacon, Jack and Cole. ;)
Sure do miss you.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are doing well! HOw much longer until the move to CA? We just received our orders - Ft. Bliss, TX - YEAH!! Do you detect any sarcasm? :) Miss you!