Saturday, December 8, 2007

Poland Baby!!!








So Christmas is right around the corner. I almost can't even believe it. Time is flying by and I can barely keep up. My shopping is no where near done and I'm starting to worry that I'll be wrapping up pictures of all the presents that I buy for Tom. (Our mail room is really backed up and things are taking forever to arrive)Tom doesn't have to worry about shopping for me though since I took care of that yesterday. This year Tom gave me a no limit shopping spree in Poland. YEAH! I know Polish pottery isn't for everyone. The first time I went shopping for it I had a headache looking at all the crazy ugly patterns myself. However, I've grown to LOVE the stuff. So yesterday Meagan and I left Massbach at 5am, we got to Poland around 9:30am and shopped until 4pm. It was soooo great! One of the stores had my pattern for 40% off, this was HUGE! hahhahhaha. Needless to say, that place no longer has any green and blue pottery. Aside from getting great deals and completing my collection Tom spent the whole day with Jack. How sweet is that? Jack doesn't have his passport yet so we would have had to leave him at the border if he came with. I missed my boys yesterday. That's the longest I've been away from the little kiddo ever. Jack was sleeping when I left and already in bed when I got home. Tom had full on Daddy duty. He told me he understands why I want to get out of the house. hahhaahha. Tom said that at one point during the day he was on the phone with his commander while he was holding Jack and Jack let out this huge scream. So Tom said, "Sorry sir, I'm babysitting"....His commander said..."You mean parenting?" :-) That is what it is now...Parenting. We're parents. I think it's finally starting to hit both of us. We've been going non stop for the past few months. You don't have the time to think about it, you just do what you have to do. Tom and I are parents. Holy crap! :-) I couldn't imagine life any other way now. What did we do before Jackson? Other than sleep late? heheheh!
As for Jack....he amazes me with something new everyday! He discovered his toes this week. It's so funny. Keeping his socks on has become an Olympic event now. He just grabs on to those little toes and rips those socks right off. I think our new catch phrase is "Don't eat your sock!" Jack will grab the toe part and stretch it to his mouth while the sock is still on his foot. He's very determined as you can see in the video. :-) Tom saw yesterday that he's getting close to rolling over from his back to his stomach. He said he grabs both feet and rocks back and forth. I guess it won't be long. I can't believe how happy Jack is. He even wakes up with a smile on his face. Last night Tom even mentioned that it's his favorite thing. When he wakes up and you go into his room to get him as soon as he sees our faces, he just lights up with this gigantic smile! I never knew I could feel so loved by the flash of a smile! It's great!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics of Jack sleeping remind me so much of Wes! He is too cute. And you look great in the pics. Glad you all are doing well - miss you!
Kel