Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Time flies...




Reality is starting to set in that Tom's not on vacation forever. This is his last week here in Pottsville. He's going to Ft. Lee, Va on Sunday to get situated and then he reports on Monday for his transition course. He's actually looking forward to getting back in to the swing of things. I'm not looking forward to being away from him but we'll be doing the commute to have long weekends together. And not seeing him for a few days during the week is NOTHING compared to a deployment so no complaints here! We've had such a great time these past 45 days. As you can read below we've been to Baltimore and Va Beach. We've been shopping at every Outlet you could possibly think of. We've gotten to hang out with family, Jack finally got to meet all his Uncles (No aunts yet...Ladies, They're all single...)

Great grandparents, cousins, great aunts and great uncles. We saw the Blue Man Group, a bull riding tournament and even checked out a Pet Expo. Jack made friends with the puppies, and a nice Alpaca.


And best of all after a long civic project, I am completely done with school and now have my B.S. in health care management. YEAH! (If you know of anyone hiring....)
In those 45 days I also realized that I'm getting older. This I'm not happy about. I had the flu for a week. I usually bounce back pretty quick from the flu but this time I was knocked out. Tom was forced into full time daddy duty. He was so great taking care of Jack and me. He did tell me though that my "sympathy card was about to expire" on day 6. Hahahahah. I guess everyone has their limits. :-) On top of the slow recovery time I had to get glasses. This was a major bummer!! I was convinced that I didn't need them....I was wrong! It is amazing how well I can see now, but still :-(!!!
I love being back in the states. There are a few things I miss about Germany. Friends is a definite! I miss the markets, wine fests, bakeries and the autobahn! I'm pretty sure I could have cut our 7 hour drive to the beach down to 3 with no speed limits. Hahaha. All in all, I'm Glad we're back. It's nice being around family again. Oh and did I mention how much I love Wal-Mart???
I now have some time on my hands so I'm promising to blog frequently again. We have 3 more months left on the east coast then we're off to Monterey, Ca. I can't wait to take Sadie on the beach. She's going to love it. Anyway, I'm hoping that the next time I blog it will be about Jack crawling. He's so determined and so close, it really won't be long. He gets up on all fours and just rocks back and forth like his legs should just go on their own. Hahahah. He's so curious and doesn't miss a thing and loves to flirt! He's such a goof, but we love him!
I really hope that in the next few months we can catch up with more friends and I can get back to knitting. My yarn collection is growing with no end results... Maybe I should go knit something now... Hope every one's doing great!

0 comments: