Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!!!






It's 100% official now....WE GOT OUR ORDERS!!! Woohhhoooooo!! Picture me doing a happy jig. :-) We are officially getting out of here. It's almost hard to believe. Tom has been in Germany for over 6 years now. We just kept getting stuck here with the timing of deployments and a stop-loss. We always planned on getting out of the Army but now we're staying in. I guess if those things didn't keep us here all those years we'd be going down a very different path right now. I have to honestly say, I'm really happy how things worked out. Tom's transitioning into the ORSA branch of the Army and will have many great opportunities ahead of him. The first one being grad school. We'll be spending 2 years in Monterey, Ca. at the Naval Post Graduate School. Then we'll be off to our first ORSA assignment. I'm really excited and I'm excited for Tom.

The next few weeks are going to be insane for us. Now that we have our orders we can lock in all of our dates for the move. Our stuff will be getting packed up next week, along with one of our cars. Sadie will be the first McMurtrie to fly home. We're going to ship her a week or so ahead of us so we're not that family freaking out at the check-in counter at the airport. Hahahah (Can you see Me, Tom, Jack, Sadie, an XL kennel, stroller, car seat plus all of our luggage???...No? Me either!)So Sadie will be in Pa and we just have to focus on getting out of here with Jackson. We already have our flight booked. YEAH!!! It's all becoming real!

Tom is finally going to get some much deserved time off. We'll be hanging around Pottsville for a while then he goes to Ft. Lee for a few months. I'll still be in Pa mooching off my parents until we move to California in July. (Meagan, I promise not to go "west coast") :-) hahahhaha. I really hope that we get the chance to meet up with all our friends from home at some point!



Yesterday was Tom's very last day of Rear-D command.(YIPPEEE!!!) There was ceremony to case the colors. This is where they put a case around the Rear-D Guidon (flag) until the next Rear-D unit is set up. Of course during this ceremony Jack decides it's time to fake cough while it's all quiet and the COL is speaking. This is his new thing for the week. He does it about 10 times in a row but if you distract him he stops. He's such a ham! He's getting so big. I am having the best time being his mom. It's so much fun! I really can't wait until he gets to meet the rest of our family. I hope he's ready for it. hahahaha.

Well....I'm off to start organizing our stuff. YEAHHHHH for orders!!! :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for all of you! And you won't be "west coast" in Monterey - that is a Southern California thing - I swear they should split the state in two considering how different they are. I'm so glad all is going well and Jack gets cuter by the day - he is so big now! Tomorrow is another doctor's appt. - hopefully I've progressed some so we can get this show on the road.