Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A week with Oma & Pop Pop

My Mom and Dad (AKA: Oma and Pop Pop) drove down from PA to spend some time with us last week. This was the first time that they got to see Bodie, who is 2 months old today. We had such a great week! The weather was great here, no rain, hot and sunny. We spent a lot of time in the kiddie pool and running through the sprinkler toy. We went to the zoo one day, I was pretty sure I started to melt walking around there. It was HOT. We tried to cut it a little short but we couldn't leave without Jack seeing the vampire bats and snakes. Jack has that place memorized and knew that we walked right by the herpaquarium. He could be a tour guide there for sure!

It wasn't all fun and games though, my poor parent's definitely earned their stay. They spruced up the outside of our house too. We got rid of mulch and some grass and laid rock and planted some more trees around the front of the house. It looks really great and I'm so appreciative of their help! Having 3 crazy boys hasn't helped me be very productive on many days to say the least!

Half way through the week my mom and I sent my Dad and Tom to Chicago for the weekend for their Father's Day gifts. They got to see 2 baseball games at Wrigley. For one of the games they had seats 8 rows behind the SF Giants dugout. I was really jealous!! They had a great time, other than getting caught in a torrential down pour at Navy Pier one night. And my mom and I had a blast being entertained by the 3 monkeys. Jack even got to go to another movie with my Mom. They saw Cars 2 and he loved it! (a whole bag a twizzlers and all...hhahhahah!)

Of course I've spent this week detoxing the boys from the attention they had with Oma and Pop Pop. They were definitely spoiled! All the boys had to do was say "Oma" and my mom was melting all over them! Hahah!! I wish we could see family more often!!

Thanks Mom and Dad for spending the week with us! We had a great time! I love that we're at least close enough to drive to see each other now. The 3 boys and I will be heading to PA in a few weeks to visit everyone else and we can't wait!!

It was HOT, so there was a lot of time in the pool!

Oma and the boys

Watching Wall-E

Our day at the zoo...




He was so proud of his red dragon!

Bodie passed out on Oma, and Ty couldn't let him have all the attention.

Bubbles!!

Oma and Pop Pop brought a sprinkler toy along...it was a huge hit!!


Nothing beats a story and popsicles with Pop Pop.

Helping Oma with the landscaping.

Bye Bye Mulch!!! Hello pretty rocks!


What's more fun than real wheel barrow rides??

Ty would NOT cooperate for pictures on the morning my parents left.

Here's Ty running away from the camera! My bribe of M&Ms didn't even work!

The Ty-less group shot! He's so stubborn! :-)

1 comments:

Oma & Pop Pop said...

We have memories that will last our lifetime! Thank you Tom, Niki, Jack, Ty, Bodie, Sadie & Lola for graciously allowing us to invade your space and interrupt your daily routine. Oma and Pop Pop couldnot have asked for a better week. Love always! :)